La Rue Tactical - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > La Rue Tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Don't misunderstand. I was just reporting experience for others to note in the OP. . . that's what we do right?
Absolutely. And thanks for reporting the accurate truth. If you want, PM me your order number and info and I will call LaRue and check up on it for you.

*and don't worry I would NEVER think of redirecting the shipping *

Old 02-22-2011, 02:40 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default Update

Well, the wife called La Rue today. She talked to Alfred and Jamie. Alfred said he did not have a record of my purchase and after she gave them the conformation and billing number, he found that the order was under her (my wife's) name. So. . . what I think happened is that I placed the order under my account, but my wife's name is on our debit card, so I put her name as the billing info. I do this on every single purchase that I make using our checking account and this was the first time it was a problem. PROBABLY JUST AN HONEST SLIP, DUE TO THE SHOT SHOW. (good enough? ) But he claimed that an e-mail was sent for inquiry about this issue. There WAS NONE. My wife let him know that was not accurate and got switched to another member, "Jamie."

Once the gal Jamie got on the phone, she made things happen. Luckily the owner of my local FFL was at the store and between the 2 of them they got info. exchanged, so the lower will go out Wednesday. Apparantly there is a 3 week waiting period on the Stealth uppers! (Back log?) So once this is all said and done 6-7 weeks will be the total wait time. . . I know, I know they are the best. . . But damn. They have every piece of contact info. needed to reach me. They could've called or e-mailed (5 min MAX) and this ball would have been rolling sooner.

Well, I will only miss my shooting date with my pops by a month, but he'll have a great gun. . . eventually.

On Another Note:

This weekend or next. . . I will be ordering a set of billet receivers for a rifle for myself. This will be my first on billets. I will be spending quite a bit less. I'm thinking Sun Devil, Mega, POF, etc. The quality, service, fit and function will be directly compared and reported.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Well, the wife called La Rue today. She talked to Alfred and Jamie. Alfred said he did not have a record of my purchase and after she gave them the conformation and billing number, he found that the order was under her (my wife's) name. So. . . what I think happened is that I placed the order under my account, but my wife's name is on our debit card, so I put her name as the billing info. I do this on every single purchase that I make using our checking account and this was the first time it was a problem. PROBABLY JUST AN HONEST SLIP, DUE TO THE SHOT SHOW. (good enough? ) But he claimed that an e-mail was sent for inquiry about this issue. There WAS NONE. My wife let him know that was not accurate and got switched to another member, "Jamie."

Once the gal Jamie got on the phone, she made things happen. Luckily the owner of my local FFL was at the store and between the 2 of them they got info. exchanged, so the lower will go out Wednesday. Apparantly there is a 3 week waiting period on the Stealth uppers! (Back log?) So once this is all said and done 6-7 weeks will be the total wait time. . . I know, I know they are the best. . . But damn. They have every piece of contact info. needed to reach me. They could've called or e-mailed (5 min MAX) and this ball would have been rolling sooner.

Well, I will only miss my shooting date with my pops by a month, but he'll have a great gun. . . eventually.

On Another Note:

This weekend or next. . . I will be ordering a set of billet receivers for a rifle for myself. This will be my first on billets. I will be spending quite a bit less. I'm thinking Sun Devil, Mega, POF, etc. The quality, service, fit and function will be directly compared and reported.
Glad that you got that all cleared up.

Give Quentin Defence a look. They make good stuff.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #14

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
On Another Note:

Built my SOCOM with the Mega Billet Lower # GTR-3S.

Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Receivers - Lowers | Mega Billet Lower - GTR-3S

Outstanding quality, look at them for your next build.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-23-2011, 05:30 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Built my SOCOM with the Mega Billet Lower # GTR-3S.

Outstanding quality, look at them for your next build.
Will do. Looks great! I dig the roll mark too.

I still can't decide what direction to go with my caliber choice for my next big one. . .