Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > La Rue Tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Default La Rue Tactical

I thought I'd start a thread on La Rue as I will be doing a build on a matching set of their "Stealth" billet receivers. This is the first build I will be doing on billet receivers and also the first time I have ever dealt with La Rue.

I was VERY stoked about this. I love the roll-mark as I was born and raised for 12 years very close to their location. This build is for my Dad and will be getting nothing but the best components from the bottom up.

I am having a bit of trouble (seems to happen to me quite frequently, oh well) with the shipping. Here is a time-line:

Ordered and Paid w/ CC: - 1/27
Sent Conformation # : - 1/28
Began Checking my FFL: - 2/5
Sent them 1st e-mail asking what was the status of my order: - 2/11
Sent 2nd e-mail expressing concern and discontent: - 2/16

I know they say that some products are not always stocked and to let them know if expedited shipping is desired, but damn over 2 weeks and no contact even. ALL of the other parts that were ordered have arrived (some over a week ago) and I want to get this thing DONE, before my folks come up in March. Not looking good.

I will update the status of order and fit/finish (of course a couple pics) upon arrival.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #2

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

I have made several purchases from LaRue and I love their products but, more importantly, I love the way they do business. Their service is just excellent.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:00 AM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I just got a scope mount from La Rue. I like all the extras in the package. I still haven't tried their Dillodust. (I had to read that a few times before I read it right) Got an interesting look from the GF when she saw the, "God bless our troops... especially our snipers", bumper-sticker. The mount attached great but I still have to take it to the range for the real test.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #4

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
I just got a scope mount from La Rue. I like all the extras in the package. I still haven't tried their Dillodust.
It is NOT a new type of lubricant, Jo. I found that out the hard way.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:10 AM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

If LaRue is an option, LaRue is the answer.

I have ordered a lot of stuff from LaRue over the last few years, and there is no better company to do business with IMO.

The Stealth stuff is often out of stock. Did you check avail?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-17-2011, 01:27 AM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
I am having a bit of trouble (seems to happen to me quite frequently, oh well) with the shipping. Here is a time-line:

Ordered and Paid w/ CC: - 1/27
Sent Conformation # : - 1/28
Began Checking my FFL: - 2/5
Sent them 1st e-mail asking what was the status of my order: - 2/11
Sent 2nd e-mail expressing concern and discontent: - 2/16
Diggs - I have done business with LaRue on a couple of occassions personally and for friends. We have also done business with them through the shop for parts and a couple of times on complete weapon systems.

We have NEVER had a problem with them, but when you are producing the kind of numbers they are producing, at the quality they are holding themselves to, is bound to create a backlog.

I have to agree that no contact is a customer service issue, but your e-mails were 5 days apart, and we don't know if LaRue is at a show or away from the office.

Have you tried calling the customer service line and inquiring that way?

Also you placed an internet order ( presumably ) for a specialized item that is CNC machined to the utmost tolerances a little over 2.5 weeks ago - do you think that maybe you are being a bit over anxious?

JD

PS - LaRue has never charged any CC we have used for payment until a product was shipped. Maybe stuff has changed?

Last edited by Dillinger; 02-17-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:39 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have had nothing but good experiences w/ Larue. There stuff is awesome. There website gives plenty of good info to help make sure you get the correct items for your application. If not they encourage people to call w/ questions.

I'm guessing they didn't have your part in stock. I do know Texas had some bad weather that they are not used to. I had an order from a company in the Ft Worth area delayed because of UPS. It kept saying something about delayed due to in climate weather. They may have not been able to get to work to run the CNCs. Who knows. I do know Larue usually has a quick turn around.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:39 AM   #8
Supporting Member

Liked 1797 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Diggs,

I do not know for sure. But just thinking part of the delay might be because they had a booth display at the International Shot Show in Las Vegas in January. There were only 56,000 people who attended counting vendors. And as most AR and other manufacturers the received hundreds of orders for their product. I spoke to La Rue one evening while he was at dinner with his wife. And he said that business had been absolutely crazy at the Shot Show. So could be one reason! I only know them for being very customer service oriented!

Old 02-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Diggs,

I do not know for sure. But just thinking part of the delay might be because they had a booth display at the International Shot Show in Las Vegas in January. There were only 56,000 people who attended counting vendors. And as most AR and other manufacturers the received hundreds of orders for their product. I spoke to La Rue one evening while he was at dinner with his wife. And he said that business had been absolutely crazy at the Shot Show. So could be one reason! I only know them for being very customer service oriented!

I forgot about Shot being just weeks ago. Theres three real lagit reasons right there. Weather, time out of the shop for shot, and probably an insane amount of orders placed during the show.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:30 AM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Have you tried calling the customer service line and inquiring that way?
No, I work every business day and cannot call from work due to restricted cell phone usage. (government crap :barf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Also you placed an internet order ( presumably ) for a specialized item that is CNC machined to the utmost tolerances a little over 2.5 weeks ago - do you think that maybe you are being a bit over anxious?

JD

PS - LaRue has never charged any CC we have used for payment until a product was shipped. Maybe stuff has changed?
I am not "overanxious" as I have plenty of projects going right now (house is getting some attention too ) and pretty content with my progress with them. If it takes more time, then great! More time = higher quality.

I have been in the trades for over 10 years (Carpentry) so I probably understand better than most what it takes to produce a product/project. I would just like to know, so that I know when to pick it up. If you remember my FFL is not the most organized. . . so I don't want the receivers to sit.

Moving ON:
I have also heard nothing but good things on La Rue and if these receivers are what they say I'll be immediately buying another set for myself. Sun Devil is also very appealing. Prices and quality look awesome!

As far as going to a custom Billet set, I think folks should have a couple builds under their belt before jumping in. I've never put a scratch on a receiver, but have came close and would have hated to have had it happen to this one!

Also if you're gonna start out with the best of the best for your housing, then the internals and other components should be the best of the best as well, right? Since this is a present for my Dad, there are a couple of preference components that will be left standard, for him to modify to his personal liking. He picked La Rue for the set and has also used them for mounts and other accessories with nothing but good things to say about quality AND service, so I have faith.

Don't misunderstand. I was just reporting experience for others to note in the OP. . . that's what we do right?