La Rue Quality Control (complete joke) - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

La Rue Quality Control (complete joke)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 05:08 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

A common expression for the last few years has been, "If LaRue is an option, LaRue is the answer". That is why your situation bugged me so much. Because I believe that to be true.

But CS is king, and LT dropped the ball BIG time. Until Mark stepped up, that is. If they failed to acknowledge their mistakes, and told you to pound sand, I would be done with LaRue.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #72

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Looks good

Old 03-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #73

Liked 1317 Times on 748 Posts
Likes Given: 635

I just read through this whole thread,and all I can say is-

Diggs,I glad that you finally got the issue resolved,and now have a nice upper/lower that match.That should be a fine weapon that you are going to assemble.

M14sRock,You are very respected in this forum by many members,and you have showed everyone that if you get involved,things happen.
You rock,buddy!

LaRue Tactical,Everyone makes mistakes.Even if it took more time than Diggs had wanted.They stepped up and did what's right,and fixed the problem.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #74

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
But CS is king, and LT dropped the ball BIG time. Until Mark stepped up, that is. If they failed to acknowledge their mistakes, and told you to pound sand, I would be done with LaRue.
You said it. The new set on the fast-track sure did soften the blow, but when it's all said and done that set cost me just about $600. . . Maybe if there wasn't a hundred other builders competing for business as well and throwing out quality goods, but I have sets from Spike's, BCM and others that cost about 1/5 of the price and I'm willing to bet it hold up to quite a bit of punishment. . . and look good doing it too. . .

Old 03-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #75

Pathetic ! I found out long ago that too many of these "big name" shops were highly overated and farmed out much of thier work. A few of these - including Doublestar, Stag, DD, Bushmaster and yes La Rue - I will never do buisness with again. While Yankee Hll and Bartlet deliver the quality you will pay for it. I've personally built 8 AR's over the past 4 years and I've been involved in a a couple of dozen other builds. All the guys in our group gather round whenever one of us is building. We've put together quite a nice little shop and everyone has some type of input. This is where I get much of my experience with these various companies. Sooooo I've got three words of advise for ya ...... Tactical Innovations Inc..

I believe this Bonner's Ferry, Idaho shop is the best kept secret in AR building. These ole boys know how to machine. Thier uppers and lowers (both forged and billets) are outstanding and are reasonably priced.

They've also added a few neat little modification to thier lowers including a nylon tipped allen wedge drive screw in the base that allows to you adjust the upper/lower interface (eliminating those tacky red wedges). They've also installed another allen wrench drive screw in the rear pin spring channel that restrains the spring durining stock exchanges (every AR builder has spent a little time crawling on his hands and knees trying to find one of these that got way from him).

I'm currently building a special purpose "varmit" . This will include a Mapull PRS ($250) stock; Geissele HS Trigger ($260); JP Enterprises Bolt & Carrier
($320); Kreiger Wylde-chambered Varmatc barrel ($460 with gas block) and topped off with a Leupold Mark AR 6-18x40 ($500) . At the center of this all-star cast will be a matched TI BDX (billet) upper and lower combo
($285) ...That's how much I think of this shop.

Oh by the way they also turn out great 10-22 recievers and well made supressors at reasonable prices.

Here. Check 'em out!
Tactical Innovations Inc. - Idaho Official Website - Guns, Gear &