La Rue Quality Control (complete joke) - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > La Rue Quality Control (complete joke)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 01:25 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Diggs no doubt got a bad deal, but I doubt a company with LaRue's reputation for great products and service would do something like that. Especially not in today's Internet age.
Quoted for Truth.

It's apparent that Diggs got an inferior product, but if Mark LaRue sees this, I would bet my left nut he makes it right.

Diggs - We have a large forum here. It really is one of the top firearms forums on the Interwebz. If you would like some help from the forum, IE - me on behalf of our members, I would be happy to call or write to them to see if that helps. I am completely certain a businessman like Mark LaRue would not want to alienate as large a group as we have here.

PM me if you like, I am more than happy to get your back on this.

JD

Old 02-28-2011, 02:00 AM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5642 Times on 2949 Posts
Likes Given: 372

when i was looking for a lower to fit multiple brands of uppers i settled on the RRA lower. i would definetly want a return of funds that lower is terrible quality.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-28-2011, 02:10 AM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Diggs no doubt got a bad deal, but I doubt a company with LaRue's reputation for great products and service would do something like that. Especially not in today's Internet age.
I also said, "Of course this is just a "maybe" scenario."

I honestly don't think it was sent on purpose. In fact I highly doubt it. I was simply putting out any possible reasons for it happening.

I will say if anyone could do it Larue could. That place has such a following one instance like this wouldn't effect their name in the slightest.

Id also be willing to bet come Monday evening/afternoon the OP posts how Larue took care of this problem or has started the process of making it right.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
How was your last conversation w/ Laure? If it was a nasty one they may have sent you an F'd up set on purpose to make you go away. Ive personally done something similar myself, although in a different industry. From a supplier aspect sometimes its not worth it. Of course this is just a "maybe" scenario.

Just remember, more bees w/ honey. I'm sure they'll make it right.
Once I finally spoke to a human, it was a very pleasant conversation at the end of which they apologized for the mix-up and told me I would have the receiver by Monday (which ended up being yesterday).

I am always polite when dealing with people and have been doing so for 12 years with customers of my own (carpentry industry). I have also been the customer throughout those years, as buildings take quite a bit of material that is ordered from manufactures of anything you could imagine. To be successful in the commercial/industrial building industry it takes more than bees and honey. . . more like artistic manipulation and Oscar winning "Mr. Nice Guy" performances.

I'm not going to put the pictures of a horribly mis-matched receiver group all overthe web with out talking to them first, but I will report how this incident is/was taken care of from start to finish.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:56 AM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Id also be willing to bet come Monday evening/afternoon the OP posts how Larue took care of this problem or has started the process of making it right.
Well, the OP will expect to be compensated for his time wasted in dealing with this matter or it will not be right.

This will be the second time, for this order, that the OP has had to get to a land line on a $4.5 billion construction project, located on a secured military installation, with over 1,200 employees present on an average day in order to make a long distance phone call.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #26
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2548 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

Diggs

As you stated let us know how it goes from beginning to end of your customer service experience!
I am like Dillinger. I can not even imagine how this got out of Laure period. But as you stated it is how they correct the problem in a one time screw up! Makes me wonder who is making their receivers for them.
Please let us know how it comes out.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:10 AM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

dude who ever cnc'd that piece must have been completly drunk because it is not that hard to punch in the numbers to get the machine to cut it right, it's even worse if they have the CAD hook up to the machine via pc. As for the thorough inspection and matching up each one bs. Sorry people should not work on things like this if they have no clue what there doing and apperantly no one there new how to use callipers or how to do math.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 02-28-2011, 05:43 AM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Once I finally spoke to a human, it was a very pleasant conversation at the end of which they apologized for the mix-up and told me I would have the receiver by Monday (which ended up being yesterday).

I am always polite when dealing with people and have been doing so for 12 years with customers of my own (carpentry industry). I have also been the customer throughout those years, as buildings take quite a bit of material that is ordered from manufactures of anything you could imagine. To be successful in the commercial/industrial building industry it takes more than bees and honey. . . more like artistic manipulation and Oscar winning "Mr. Nice Guy" performances.

I'm not going to put the pictures of a horribly mis-matched receiver group all overthe web with out talking to them first, but I will report how this incident is/was taken care of from start to finish.
I understand. I have a background in new construction ranging from bridges to highways. Ive delt w/ underqualified city and state inspectors. A few times Ive done things their way knowing they were wrong. It always ended up w/ us having to do them over. A meeting usual was involved and the majority of the time the inspector denied, denied, denied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Well, the OP will expect to be compensated for his time wasted in dealing with this matter or it will not be right.

This will be the second time, for this order, that the OP has had to get to a land line on a $4.5 billion construction project, located on a secured military installation, with over 1,200 employees present on an average day in order to make a long distance phone call.
I think we are all intersted to seee how things go. Please keep us posted.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I will be more than happy to do so!

Old 02-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

So I played hooky today after having a fender bender this morning.

I called La Rue. The guy wasn't too friendly, but not rude either.

He began to say that color varies and fit is always tight. I quoted the line from the website about matching color. It took him about a minute to swallow and he bounced back belatedly with "The upper must not have received a final coat of oil." Really?

So I told the kid I had several lubricants in front of me and asked which one, he said CLP, so on it went. Sure the color appeared darker for a minute, but that was it (as usual). I told him that it was still an obvious difference in color and for $500 it better be dead nuts, BLACK!!! He then offered up a shipping label and said one of matching color would be sent upon their receipt of upper.

So of course the customer (in this case me) is screwed out of achieving his build in a timely manner. I'm guessing 2 months from start to finish and ALL of the parts have arrived. I'm gonna write another e-mail and inform the guy that I'm writing a report on this. Besides the texture is different as well as the color.

The lower picture shows the rails on top. They appear worn? This upper doesn't have a consistent color, let alone matches anything else!

Update: OK, just talked to Alfred. What an ASS! When I expressed that I was disssatisified with the extremely long ammount of time taken for completion of this order, he told me sarcastically like a child, "Sorry I messed this whole thing up and just ruined your day
!" I'm now asking for a total refund.

p1010314.jpg  

Last edited by diggsbakes; 02-28-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: update