Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > La Rue Quality Control (complete joke)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
What a letdown. That is just plain unacceptable Diggs. Are you a member on AR15.com? It looks like LaRue posts in their section in the Industry forum fairly regularly. Perhaps if you post your pics and issue in there you may get some quicker action. I'd try to keep the first post pretty neutral and not express your anger over the deal right away, if you can.
I think that's good advice right there, but only as more of a last resort. I would go the phone call routine first and see how they respond.

I wouldn't think LaRue would want a blemish like this to affect their good name.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah, and when you call, ask if you've reached LaTaurus. Sorry for your luck bro.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 02-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2231 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1144

Diggs,

There is no excuse for that kind of quality and they need to fire any employee that would even send that kind of junk out the front door. Obviously this is not the only set they have like this! What has been their total response to this issue in detail?
I would make one attempt to rectify a situation like this and then I would probably show the pics on AR-15.com if they did not respond promptly and professionally to take care of the issue. I had always heard they made good product but this is CRAPP!

Old 02-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #14

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Speechless

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #15

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 942

Hand fitted, what a joke. Yeah definitely stay on them until they make this right, Diggs. Are you sure this isn't Vulcan, not LaRue? Unbelieveable but your pictures don't lie. They have to make this right or I'd join every AR site I could find and post these pics until they give in.

The lower looks good, does it fit other uppers you have? It's the upper that looks like surplus M16. It would be nice not to have to mess with FFL/new serial # all over again.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Hand fitted, what a joke. Yeah definitely stay on them until they make this right, Diggs. Are you sure this isn't Vulcan, not LaRue? Unbelieveable but your pictures don't lie. They have to make this right or I'd join every AR site I could find and post these pics until they give in.

The lower looks good, does it fit other uppers you have? It's the upper that looks like surplus M16. It would be nice not to have to mess with FFL/new serial # all over again.
What I put in bold above is exactly what I was thinking. The lower doesn't look bad, but I'm gonna have to put this thing in a vise to separate it before I will know if it fits another upper.

I'm just leaning towards a different route completely. These guys have caused me enough grief as it is over the past month. I can't afford another messing around with these people.

This rifle is (eventually) going to be my Dad's. This entire build was for him as his AR inventory currently doesn't have a precision DGI rifle in it. Everything is SBR and/or piston OP. Every part of this build was hand selected to be nothing but the best.

As far as how to deal with this. I already sent another e-mail to both of their departments with the pics you see attached. I can't call from work at all (government regs.), but if I have to, the wife can do it. However, if I don't have a response by end of business tomorrow I will begin other methods.

Man, I'm not this kind of guy that likes drama and controversy. If they only would've treated me well and got me a quality product, I would have probably ordered one for my own billet build that's coming soon. . .

Old 02-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Might I suggest MEGA for the next billet upper and lower.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:06 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Sounds like the take-down pin tabs on the upper are to thick.

Anyway, I wouldn't go onto arfcom. Id call them and calmly explain the situation. Making a negative post w/o allowing the manufacturer the op. to make it right isn't fair.

How was your last conversation w/ Laure? If it was a nasty one they may have sent you an F'd up set on purpose to make you go away. Ive personally done something similar myself, although in a different industry. From a supplier aspect sometimes its not worth it. Of course this is just a "maybe" scenario.

Just remember, more bees w/ honey. I'm sure they'll make it right.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #19

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 942

Well good luck Diggs, hope this works out. I wouldn't want the lower either if you have to use that much force to separate the upper from it. You didn't buy a blem, and no blem is this bad anyway.

Really shoddy from a manufacturer with the reputation of LaRue. I don't own anything by them because they're out of my budget but always assumed you get what you pay for.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #20

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post

How was your last conversation w/ Laure? If it was a nasty one they may have sent you an F'd up set on purpose to make you go away.
Diggs no doubt got a bad deal, but I doubt a company with LaRue's reputation for great products and service would do something like that. Especially not in today's Internet age.