La Rue Quality Control (complete joke)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > La Rue Quality Control (complete joke)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default La Rue Quality Control (complete joke)

So I started a thread about my disappointment with La Rue Tactical's (complete absence of) customer service. Many of you fellow AR builders/shooters expressed your experience differed from mine and that their products were amazing and do business in the same way.

Let me start by quoting some of La Rue's rhetoric from their website:

Alright y'all, we've caved in to the onslaught of requests by all you LT-Stealth Upper owners who absolutely insist upon having a LaRue lower. At long last, here's your chance to build a complete LaRue rifle.

"These stripped-lowers are CNC-machined from billet 7075 aluminum and are anodized deep-black to match our Stealth products. In an effort to provide only the finest hardware, each LT-branded lower was subject to stringent quality control processes, and test-fitted to Stealth uppers before shipping to insure fit and color match.

Well after finally getting my order one month after being charged and having to pull teeth in order to get a rep on the phone. . . here's what I received. (look at pics. . . )

The 2 receivers do not even mate up. I mean AT ALL it took some careful hammering to get them where you see them, but I'll have to take it out back to get 'em apart w/o destroying them. The color is obvious. I'm completely baffled. I'm expecting a total refund and compensation for all my wasted time w/ CS and transfering, etc. we're talking $500

When I got the box, I checked the lower and did the transfer, gave all my little trinkets away as I have them all from previous mount orders, which were perfect, BTW. I didn't open the upper 'till I got home and my heart sank.

p1010310.jpg   p1010311.jpg   p1010312.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #2

Likes Given: 2

WOW...
I could see a color difference between brands, But not the same brand
Best of luck my friend

Old 02-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #3

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow, that's terrible, and really disappointing, because I am a LaRue fan big time. You deserve some satisfaction from them.

But why start another thread instead of just posting in the old one?

Old 02-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #4

Wow thats way off. I would send everything back and start over.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

So they are both La Rue, and they fit like that?! Thats outrageous. I would send them both back and deal with someone else. If I'm seeing correctly, the pin holes don't line up, and the colors are waaaaay off. WOW.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

The upper wont fit any firther back? In the top pic it looks like it could.

The color is off though.

That sucks to have to go through. The excitement of waiting then that.

I guess you cant get it 100% a 100% of the time.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #7

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Looks okay to me

crosseyed.jpeg  

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That is just plain poor! Send it back, and keep us posted. It gives me second thoughts about dealing with them when ready for my AR build!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
The upper wont fit any firther back? In the top pic it looks like it could.

The color is off though.

That sucks to have to go through. The excitement of waiting then that.

I guess you cant get it 100% a 100% of the time.
Well, I guess I haven't put it in a vise and smacked it with the sledge yet. But, yes, by hand I cannot even move them where they sit, let alone get them apart. . . and I'm not even gonna try to move them in to place, then there won't be anything left to send back to them.

And lony, I started a new thread, because the last one was in regards to customer service, which was pathetic enough to deserve its own thread and this is definitely pathetic enough to have its own thread.

I've gotten receivers that totaled 15% of this set, from different manufactures, years apart in production and matched up better than this. . .

I'm completely baffled. . . I gave these folks the benefit of the doubt on the customer service issue, being that it was close to the SHOT show and all. I was also born and raised in Abilene, TX not far from where these folks operate, so I didn't even think that I'd be dealing with something like this. I just don't get it. . .

Old 02-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What a letdown. That is just plain unacceptable Diggs. Are you a member on AR15.com? It looks like LaRue posts in their section in the Industry forum fairly regularly. Perhaps if you post your pics and issue in there you may get some quicker action. I'd try to keep the first post pretty neutral and not express your anger over the deal right away, if you can.