Kit AR's? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Kit AR's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickofnotliving View Post
Model 1 sales, A2 standard kit, 20 inch barrel. I really just want a simple .556. I dont do any harsh shooting and I always have my ak should there be a shtf crisis. Just wondering if you guys had any experience or suggestions. Thank you very much
I've bought quite a few Mod 1 Sales - kit rifles and extra parts for other builds over the years, never had any problems, only ---------

I will only pay by money order. Two days after the last kit I bought on my credit card, (this card is only used for internet orders) someone bought $700.00 worth of shoes with my cc number. Because the card hadn't been used for three months before my Mod 1 purchase, it kinda made me wonder?????

As far as the rifles, they run 100% just like my Colts and I happen to like the Shaw bbls. Try one, you'll like it! Note; The one in the pic is in 5.45x39 and shoots like a champ! Ken

"The older I get, The better I was"

Last edited by kenhesr; 04-04-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: spelig airer

Old 04-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #32

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Hopefully, you got the credit card thief? That's not a good thing to have happen. Can we get a report on the quality of the firearm you are discussing, Ken? Reason being, getting reviews from users of some of the other makers out there is always a good thing. Let's us know what else is out there and how they operate. Of course, we now know not to use a credit card!!!
What all came with your kit? (BCG? CH? Normal bells and whisles?)

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #33

Hi Ben, With the Mod 1 Sales kits you get everything you need for a completed rifle except the stripped lower frame. The uppers are all assembled by them. Fit and finish has always been outstanding. My frame of choice is sold by Superior Arms. They are still using the old M-16 specs and you get a magwell that is just a tad tighter, IMHO.

I'm running Mod 1 kits in 5.56, 5.45x39 & 7.62x39 and a ton of their parts on other builds, (stocks, bolts & carriers etc.). My oldest 5.56 kit has over 11,000 rds thru it. I have never had a problem with a kit or part. They use the E.R. Shaw barrels which I have found to be accurate and long lived.

Here are pics of a few of my AR's, they all shoot like they are supposed too. If not purchased as a Mod 1 kit, they have some Mod 1 parts in e'm somewhere. Don't know if they ever found the cc thief, I just reported it and never heard any more about it. Didn't cost me any $ just some phone time.

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 04-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #34

Thanks for the info Ken. Learning of different companies and their products is a good thing.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #35

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhesr
Hi Ben, With the Mod 1 Sales kits you get everything you need for a completed rifle except the stripped lower frame. The uppers are all assembled by them. Fit and finish has always been outstanding. My frame of choice is sold by Superior Arms. They are still using the old M-16 specs and you get a magwell that is just a tad tighter, IMHO.

I'm running Mod 1 kits in 5.56, 5.45x39 & 7.62x39 and a ton of their parts on other builds, (stocks, bolts & carriers etc.). My oldest 5.56 kit has over 11,000 rds thru it. I have never had a problem with a kit or part. They use the E.R. Shaw barrels which I have found to be accurate and long lived.

Here are pics of a few of my AR's, they all shoot like they are supposed too. If not purchased as a Mod 1 kit, they have some Mod 1 parts in e'm somewhere. Don't know if they ever found the cc thief, I just reported it and never heard any more about it. Didn't cost me any $ just some phone time.
Thank you ken, I really appreciate your opinion and advice about using the card.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #36

I'd also like to know who makes their BCG's, and if they are FA or not.