Kit AR's? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Kit AR's?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JSDenson07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
Default

I 100% agree with Duck4Glocks last comment. check out the smith sport or shoot even the dpms sportacle (kit- if youre dead set on building it yourself) MarksArmory.com believe it or not this was the first AR build I ever did. Back then I got off at like 750$ completed havent checked the prices lately but the rifle ran great for me. Oh or my buddy did a delton ar and I actually just bought his upper from him..lost his job... But it seems to shoot fine so far. so maybe if someone here has more experience with that brand they can tell you more I only have 200rds through it.

__________________
JSDenson07 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fsted2a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,092
Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Sarco actually is a pretty good source for parts, etc. This kit might be a challenge though.


A shame they had to shave down the M16 carrier.

I actually prefer the M16 carrier. Seems like it cycles smoother. Then again it could be me. Senility runs in the family.
__________________

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

fsted2a is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,748
Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Default

Sure seems as all the AR prices have climbed in the last couple months . I bought a complete 16" carbine in Dec from PSA for $629 shipped to my door . You cant even build one yourself from them for that now. I saw the DPMS ORC carbine @ bass pro in their sale flyer for $979 , isnt this the old oracle they sold for $700 without the FSB and a added gas block ?

__________________
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JSDenson07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
Default

Well we have to prep for doomsday!! haha. No but seriously with the media hyping doomsday and this being an election year...well price wise we're fd.

__________________
JSDenson07 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AgentTikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: City of Lost Angels, Kommifornia
Posts: 3,444
Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Sure seems as all the AR prices have climbed in the last couple months . I bought a complete 16" carbine in Dec from PSA for $629 shipped to my door . You cant even build one yourself from them for that now. I saw the DPMS ORC carbine @ bass pro in their sale flyer for $979 , isnt this the old oracle they sold for $700 without the FSB and a added gas block ?
Ya I've been watching PSA's prices climb, but I was kinda expecting them too. Haven't followed DPMS or Delton tho.....
__________________
Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.
Know what you know, Know what you don't know. -Paul Pedzolt
"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Mynshul
AgentTikki is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Oops. Meant to post it here. You can't buy complete kits (minus the upper) from PSA now. You can still part one together, but truthfully, the cost runs about the same as BCM, and they are creeping up.

__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,748
Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Oops. Meant to post it here. You can't buy complete kits (minus the upper) from PSA now. You can still part one together, but truthfully, the cost runs about the same as BCM, and they are creeping up.
I dont know if I would go that far as to say PSA is in the BCM price range. but there climbing quickly
16" carbine rifle kit $549 , stripped lower $79 . Total $628 + shipping
I built one back in December for $629 with MOE parts for $629 shipped to my door , I believe the MOE stuff was a added $80 over the standard handguard, stock and grip . Knock that $80 out and I could have built the complete rifle for $549 shipped . Those days are long gone
Amazing how they have jumped just shy of $100 in the last couple months
__________________
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:27 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I dont know if I would go that far as to say PSA is in the BCM price range. but there climbing quickly
16" carbine rifle kit $549 , stripped lower $79 . Total $628 + shipping
I built one back in December for $629 with MOE parts for $629 shipped to my door , I believe the MOE stuff was a added $80 over the standard handguard, stock and grip . Knock that $80 out and I could have built the complete rifle for $549 shipped . Those days are long gone
Amazing how they have jumped just shy of $100 in the last couple months
No, what I was saying is PSA has pulled down all their rifle kits. So now you have to order the upper separately from the other components, and price wise, it is really close to BCM. (Of course, the exact same upper I just ordered from BCM a few days ago has already jumped $20.00.)
__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,748
Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
No, what I was saying is PSA has pulled down all their rifle kits. So now you have to order the upper separately from the other components, and price wise, it is really close to BCM. (Of course, the exact same upper I just ordered from BCM a few days ago has already jumped $20.00.)
They have a couple left , but i know what ur saying. I know back in 08 when I was looking then $700 bushys hit $1200 right before the election . And I didn't buy but one of my family members most certainly did . It's a repeat all over .
__________________
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
They have a couple left , but i know what ur saying. I know back in 08 when I was looking then $700 bushys hit $1200 right before the election . And I didn't buy but one of my family members most certainly did . It's a repeat all over .
Okay. They put the kits back up now. Yesterday they said 'invalid selection' when I clicked that, and it stayed that way most of the day. I think they'd be decent entry/mid level kits for someone wanting to go into the AR community, as long as they have some basic mechanical aptitude for assembling the lower, and a basic set of tools to do it with.
You add the iron sights on there, a lower and a touch of bling, you still have a decent rifle for under $750.
__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Painting AR's ShagNasty1001 AR-15 Discussion 4 01-20-2012 04:54 PM
Who says AR's aren't accurate? cpttango30 AR-15 Discussion 17 01-20-2012 06:50 AM
All about AR's kvega15 AR-15 Discussion 6 01-20-2012 06:43 AM
Cool Ar's Schmeekey AR-15 Discussion 5 10-15-2010 05:08 AM
POF - AR's Yunus AR-15 Discussion 5 10-05-2009 08:47 PM