Kit AR's? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Kit AR's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Haha ya know what I want to just order this. I'm really interested to see why everyone wants a "bargain" AR..dont get me wrong I have two budget ARs I did but my budget still allowed for name brand and quality parts. rra, colt, bcm, olympic, magpul access.. I dont mean to sound like I'm better but I just dont like junk, am I the only one who feels that way ?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1240 Times on 861 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Can you say that again? You're gonna get a Sarco kit or not?
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 04-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Sarco actually is a pretty good source for parts, etc. This kit might be a challenge though.

A shame they had to shave down the M16 carrier.

Yeah a buddy of mine bought this kit, he hasn't shot it yet, but the m16 carrier is really short. It's hard to get your fingers in.

The kit overall from what I can tell has new parts. Some may be used but it's hard to tell. It has a tiny buttstock. The rifle looks okay, has kind of a soft finish. I wish he would get it completed and shoot it so I can see how it shoots. He has it assemble but doesn't have the castle nut wrench and the hand guard vise. Not a bad AR15 but I wouldn't choose it for my first AR.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #14

Sorry the sarcasm was lost in text form...

Old 04-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1240 Times on 861 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Ah, gotcha now! I didn't see it the first go round.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 04-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #16

Ha yeah sorry. Im just kinda lost as to why people would skimp on something that contains an explosion a foot and a half in front of their face..

Old 04-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSDenson07
Haha ya know what I want to just order this. I'm really interested to see why everyone wants a "bargain" AR..dont get me wrong I have two budget ARs I did but my budget still allowed for name brand and quality parts. rra, colt, bcm, olympic, magpul access.. I dont mean to sound like I'm better but I just dont like junk, am I the only one who feels that way ?
I know you were being sarcastic, but my buddy did what you said. He has money for guns, he bought a Black Rain AR and still hasn't shot it. He bought this just to see what the quality of it would be. He suggest I buy one but I told him "I would build my own and you can test out this rifle for me..."

Old 04-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #18

Smart call. I dont want to sound mean but lets explore a fake situation for a sec..you have an unexpected financial problem and have NO way out of it other than to sell a firearm. Which sells better colt or www.cheapa55ARs.com. Not only this but lets look at this there is a projectile moving at 3240 feet per second away from you and behind it is a ball of exploding expanding gases oh by the way its a foot from your face. Do you really want to cut it cheap and skimp on quality parts? How much is your life worth? Is it worth saving a couple hundred bucks?

Old 04-03-2012, 02:03 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSDenson07
Smart call. I dont want to sound mean but lets explore a fake situation for a sec..you have an unexpected financial problem and have NO way out of it other than to sell a firearm. Which sells better colt or www.cheapa55ARs.com. Not only this but lets look at this there is a projectile moving at 3240 feet per second away from you and behind it is a ball of exploding expanding gases oh by the way its a foot from your face. Do you really want to cut it cheap and skimp on quality parts? How much is your life worth? Is it worth saving a couple hundred bucks?
Totally agree. I built my AR for around $800 and that's with some parts that I wanted and spent a little more on parts that you can go cheaper on like the butt stock, handguard, and sights, the parts that are okay to go cheaper on. You can find a s&w M&p 15 sport for $600. Where they have gone cheaper on the barrel(melonite vs chrome lined), no forward assist, no dust cover and a cheaper trigger. But it is still a reliable rifle that has been proven by many AR abusers.

So for that kit your looking at $450 shipped, I think. Then $80 to $100 for a lower reciever. That's $550. For $50 more you can find a M&p 15 sport. I'd go with name brand and warranty for $50 over that $550 skeptically kit any day.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:25 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Is there a particular kit you are looking at?
Model 1 sales, A2 standard kit, 20 inch barrel. I really just want a simple .556. I dont do any harsh shooting and I always have my ak should there be a shtf crisis. Just wondering if you guys had any experience or suggestions. Thank you very much