Just installed a End plate adapter Quick disconnect - First Impressions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Just installed a End plate adapter Quick disconnect - First Impressions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 401 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 1428

Default Just installed a End plate adapter Quick disconnect - First Impressions

I was always dubious in using the quick disconnect hole provided by my Magpul STR stock since the forces of the carried rifle would exert quite a lot of angle of momentum against the single polymer bolt securing the stock to the buffer tube.

it seems like something that would wear out eventually and on the way to it produce a lot of wiggle in the stock.

I hate wiggle.
Even the wiggle inherent in our best modern adjustable stocks is almost more than I can bear.

So I insatlled a End Plate Adaptor Quick disconnect.
Had to remove my MagPul CTR stock.. (scuffed it quite a bit with my screwdriver trying to hold down the black nut later grrr)

Installed IAW directions.

Final product fits fine but it seems like I am adding some needless bulk right there especially with the disconnect on the hole.
Also the aluminum ring seems to move quite freely and I am not sure I like that.
I screwed it down pretty tight but didnt dare to screw it down supertight fearing stripping those bolts.

So with the weight on a rifle resting on the sling the adaptor swivels up as you cna see in the pic and blocks the charging handle.

Also now the Stock will not fully slide forward (as I expected) but this leave even room for some lateral movement on the part of the adaptor (which I didnt expect)

Also I suspect the screw may need periodic tightening with an allen wrench. (I would have preferred flat head since you can ALWAYS find a flathead)

So for some reason I am not really warming up to it all that much especially since i like my stuff to be real tight.

I have yet to decide if I will leave it on or take it off and made do with the hole provided in the stock.

LWRC added a nice solid hole for a quick disconnect into its front rail but didnt put a disconnect hole into the back of the lower receiver like Daniel Defense did, which is a much preferred solution IMO.

100_1601.jpg   100_1602.jpg   100_1603.jpg  

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Last edited by bluez; 07-22-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #2

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

I always install the Noveske QD endplate on my lowers. None of the issues you mentioned, instead absolutely nothing but praise for the Noveske. Even the price is right at $25.

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=rec-qdep&cat=61

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #3

Thats looks nice! and solid.

I paid $50 for mine

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Old 07-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #4

Yeah it's solid, it's steel and isn't going to slop around. The only slight issue I had with one wasn't its fault - I had a thick sling swivel that wouldn't let an ACS stock lock in the short position but I swapped out for a thinner swivel that did. Oddly the thick swivel worked with a CTR. All four of my lowers have the Noveske end plate.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #5

Thanks for the pointer.
I will get one of those.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Old 07-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #6

Rainier often has has them. And IWC among others.

______

Old 07-23-2013, 03:39 AM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I always install the Noveske QD endplate on my lowers. None of the issues you mentioned, instead absolutely nothing but praise for the Noveske. Even the price is right at $25.
Thank you, just ordered myself one.

monteros
~Build Planning Document
~Build Thread
~Build Photo Album

Old 07-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1082 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=rec-qdep&cat=61
I have this one on my Rock River. It is great!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334