just confused?? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > just confused??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 02:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
My advise! No Grease on AR-15 rifles. Just good lube!
And no Rem Oil! It is a good product but too thin and also cooks off when used on the AR or M-16 type rifle where heat range is a little higher than most weapons. Rock River and other predominant AR manufactures do not recommend using anything but a good lube like G-96, Breakfree (*Shake the BF prior to use!) and other good similar lubricants. And yes the Mobile #1 Synthetic Oil "Formula" as mentioned on the FTF is also good. We older shooters know there are weapon systems we certainly would want to use some weapon grease in certain areas. Like the M-14, M1 Garand, H&K MP 5 rollers and others.
Only my two cents!

I use Mobil 1 on the bolt and charging handle, that's it. REM-oil IS garbage on an AR