Just built my first rifle! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Just built my first rifle!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jgand72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 169
Default

That's a beautiful rifle Todd, congrats! I can't wait to build my first one

__________________

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!

jgand72 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Todd_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
One word, 3Gun.

Leupold makes a 1-8 but it's the price of a small car.
Wouldnt an Eotech EXPS with a 3x or 5x flip to side magnifier work just as well or better, with a quicker transition from 3 to 1 or 1 to 3?

I guess if you wanted a magnification somewhere in the middle it would be better... to each his own!
__________________
Todd_ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_

Wouldnt an Eotech EXPS with a 3x or 5x flip to side magnifier work just as well or better, with a quicker transition from 3 to 1 or 1 to 3?

I guess if you wanted a magnification somewhere in the middle it would be better... to each his own!
How much would all that weigh? That's 2 optics and 2 mounts.
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Todd_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 238
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
How much would all that weigh? That's 2 optics and 2 mounts.
Ah-ha! Those pesky 3-gunners and their anorexic weight ideals.
__________________
Todd_ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_ View Post
Ah-ha! Those pesky 3-gunners and their anorexic weight ideals.
Damn practical shooters
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
ever built an AR-10??? jon1992d AR-15 Discussion 5 12-15-2011 05:27 PM
SHE IS DONE! (built AR) cddbrowns AR-15 Discussion 21 04-23-2011 06:46 AM
AR built! TheDaggle AR-15 Discussion 25 08-20-2010 01:26 PM
First Rifle built for Comps 565Customz Gunsmithing Forum 4 02-23-2008 04:15 PM
First Rifle built for Comps 565Customz Competition Shooting 2 12-01-2007 01:03 AM