JRC 9mm. (Just Right Carbines) AR
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > JRC 9mm. (Just Right Carbines) AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default JRC 9mm. (Just Right Carbines) AR

I just bought a JRC Carbine in 9mm. That uses Glock mags. I like the idea of having a rifle that uses the same ammo and magazines as my glock 34. Figured in a bugout situation it would be preferable to have a rifle n handgun that use the same ammo and mags. Yes its not as powerful as a 5.56 round but still good. Plus there arent any 5.56 AR's left in NJ. ANY THUGHTS. HAS ANYONE SHOT THIS RIFLE YET? Was it a good purchase or poor choice?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 79 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Was it a good purchase or poor choice?
That, my friend, is a question you should have asked before your purchase. At this point the only opinion of this rifle that matters is yours. Go shoot it and don't worry about someone else's opinion. Go have your own experience with the rifle and form your own opinion. Do not let someone else's opinion color your first range session with doubt. Now go shoot the gun.

WELCOME TO YOUR NEW ADDICTION !

E-DUB

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

I saw one yesterday at the LGS. Looks nice. It had a Zombie Green theme paint job that looked cool and the side charging handle. Had a $799.99 price tag that was a little much IMO. Will do some research.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well ido love it just tynato get opinios on a pistol caliber rifle. Thnx tho. And not new to the addiction. Been collecting for years. Just new to the forum. The recoil on it is minimal which is ideal as i messed up my right shoulder and had it repaired a while ago so its painful to shoot high caliber rifles like my mosin nagant or rem 870. Usually shoot the .22 for fun and theres no pain.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #5

I purchased a 9mm JR Carbine back in December. I think it's a good carbine. It's very accurate as far as I can tell. It points easy and handles well. The quality of the materials and fit seems good - particularly the barrel.

I did have problems with it it initially though - it would slip into full auto mode at times. I figured something was up with the trigger and immediately reached out for a service repair and had the trigger group replaced in short order. I've put maybe 1000 rounds through it since without any issues (with any ammo I could find ie not the best). I'd have pumped allot more rounds through it if I could find ammo. I do plan on installing an after-market trigger though because I do not like the trigger pull - it's creepy.

When it was malfunctioning I inadvertently was able to experience what it's like to fire a machine gun. Interestingly, it remained accurate when it slipped into full-auto and my groups remained tight.

A couple of hints for good operation:

Don't slam the mag up into the mag well to load it. It's designed so that you slide the mag up (you'll feel it pass the catch and keep going) and then gently tug down to seat it.

I was kind of anal and broke the barrel in by first cleaning it, shooting a couple of rounds, cleaning, shooting more rounds, cleaning etc. I don't regret it.

I use only ball ammo for a couple of reasons; it's all I can find; it's cheaper; I don't really plan on shooting anyone; and my guess is that my lack of issues and smooth functioning is partly because I'm using ball.

Good luck with it and have fun!