Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > JP Enterprises: Experiences? Thoughts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default JP Enterprises: Experiences? Thoughts?

Soooooooooooo. I was doing some web surfing on a Saturday afternoon and started revisiting the thought of an AR-10 project in .260 Remington.

JP Rifles

Anyone have any direct experience or thoughts?

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2011, 02:53 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

JP stuff is outstanding. Everything they offer is premium quality.

My shooting partner used one of their 16" mid length lightweight 1/8s on a recent build and it is a dream to shoot.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-17-2011, 03:00 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I think you need one to compliment your Nighthawk. I also think I need to wipe the drool off my keyboard.

"But dad! I want a billet upper and lower receiver!"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 04-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have to ask why not .308?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:15 AM   #5

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Your not going to build your own? Of course that JP rifle is pretty sweet though

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 04-17-2011, 06:21 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I know they are pretty popular in 3-gun circles. And while I don't have any large parts from them, the few small parts I do have are top notch.

FWIW, I still think you should get a MEGA MA-TEN matched upper and lower and build the whole thing from scratch.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:55 AM   #7

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
FWIW, I still think you should get a MEGA MA-TEN matched upper and lower and build the whole thing from scratch.
Now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks to Cane I used their match set for my 458 build. I'm so happy with it that they are on my very short list for a new Ar10 build.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 04-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #8

I just recently purchased a rifle from JP. Here are a few things that shocked me about them:

1) When I called I spoke to someone that was very knowledgeable and legitimately was looking to spec. out a rifle to what I wanted. Not what they personally wanted or thought was best.

2) The person gave me the Pro’s and Con’s of each choice.
3) They quoted me a lead time… and for the first time in my life I actually got a custom (or in this case) a semi-custom gun in the time that I was quoted.

I have since shot the rifle and it shoots far better than expected. Enclosed is my 150 yard grouping…. Please keep in mind that I do not profess to be a good shot and I speculate in capable hands this rifle could shoot better.

There is one major problem that I have heard about JP Rifles and I am finding it to be true. Once you buy one apparently you get something called the “JP Bug”; whereby, you feel as though you need to buy another one. As of today, it does appear that I have caught this bug. It is my understanding that the only remedy for this bug is to buy another one… I will let you know shortly if this cures the problem.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #9

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
JP stuff is outstanding. Everything they offer is premium quality.

My shooting partner used one of their 16" mid length lightweight 1/8s on a recent build and it is a dream to shoot.
What he said. ^^

I have heard positve feedback from some of my "real world experienced" acquaintances on their assemblies and rifles.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I have to ask why not .308?
I have a very nice .308 boltgun. It shoots well into the sub moa category, is designed for urban needs already and the .308 round really is a 600-650 yard round. Without cranking in crazy elevation and doing math for a moonshot, it's not a long range round. And I am kind of bored with it ballistically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Your not going to build your own? Of course that JP rifle is pretty sweet though
Thought about DIY, but then thought I might just like to look around and see what is available. The JP comes with a unique left hand side charging handle that I really like and other than their barrel choice, everything else is top shelf.

I haven't decided on anything, but this .260 in an AR platform has been haunting me and I don't have a weapon in the build stage right now other than Project Taurus and that is already sold once I complete it.

So I was just, you know, wondering and stuff. *whistling inconspicuously*