Joining the AR-15 Brotherhood

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Joining the AR-15 Brotherhood

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 53 Posts

Default Joining the AR-15 Brotherhood

I've not been an AR-15 guy, but this past Winter I decided I wanted to own one before the politicians took them away from us. The problem was that everyone else wanted an AR too, and they became as rare as hen's teeth, and as costly as gold.

Since I couldn't find an actual AR, for a reasonable price, I decided to assemble one from components bought on auction sites. In this video I'll show you the result, built on a New Frontier polymer lower and a Palmetto State Armory upper.

I installed a Timney Trigger, and a Colt safety lever into the lower. I put on a set of Diamond Head flip up sights and a four power scope and took it to the range for a little plinking.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #2

Liked 575 Times on 307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duelist1954
I've not been an AR-15 guy, but this past Winter I decided I wanted to own one before the politicians took them away from us. The problem was that everyone else wanted an AR too, and they became as rare as hen's teeth, and as costly as gold.

Since I couldn't find an actual AR, for a reasonable price, I decided to assemble one from components bought on auction sites. In this video I'll show you the result, built on a New Frontier polymer lower and a Palmetto State Armory upper.

I installed a Timney Trigger, and a Colt safety lever into the lower. I put on a set of Diamond Head flip up sights and a four power scope and took it to the range for a little plinking.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilHKSPMi5UE
If possible I would ditch the poly lower now that everything is back in stock. It's hit or miss with those, I know people that have only had the a year and already staring getting cracks on the receiver by the buffer tube threads.

Old 09-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #3

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Mike!!!

thanks for the nice clip!!

Glad to see you join us!

Thats a beautiful build for sure!

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 09-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #4

Liked 220 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post
If possible I would ditch the poly lower now that everything is back in stock. It's hit or miss with those, I know people that have only had the a year and already staring getting cracks on the receiver by the buffer tube threads.
They are OK on .22LR builds. I just wouldn't trust them to any larger caliber.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #5

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

That's one secsi looking AR!

How do you like the handguards?

Don't mind the naysayers on that poly lower! Just keep an eye out for any stress cracking by your pivot pin, and reciever extention and keep on plinking away!

More pron would be nice!

Gratz!