Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Jard trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Jard trigger

Just thought I'd share with yall perhaps 1 of the best kept secrets on triggers for AR and other rifles. Recently I ordered a Jard trigger for someone, and upon installing/adjusting it, was so impressed I put 1 in 1 of my DPMS ARs. It came complete with CLEAR instructions and plenty of diagrams/pictures. It was a snap to install/adjust, and provides perhaps the best single stage trigger I've EVER felt on any AR trigger I've seen. Fully adjustable for sear engagement, overtravel, creep, pull weight, and takeup, for a mere 120$! Only 2 areas of note-#1 be SURE to adjust EXACTLY like the instructions say, and #2 be aware that with SOME pistol grips, the provided screw MAY not be long enough so you might have to remove a slight amount of material INSIDE bottom of pistol grip to ensure plenty of threads holding the pistol grip on, OR simply shorten the factory grip screw to fit. The reason I say this is after installation the screw provided with trigger kit only had 1 3/4 threads holding. Overall, it's the BEST drop-in trigger on the market IMO, and much better than the long takeup 2 stage triggers-MY preference ONLY. Naturally I'm fortunate in that I can make just about any part ever needed, but these trigger systems are the best I've seen (for ARs) ready to drop in/adjust-ANYBODY should be able to install these with NO problems.

Last edited by matt g; 01-06-2009 at 01:15 AM. Reason: some people will misuse that info

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-05-2009, 04:24 AM   #2

I have Jewell and Jard, and I just bought another Jard.
That' makes 4 Jard triggers, and I can't say enough good things about them.

Easy, precise, clean break, and works GREAT even in receivers that aren't 'Precisely' machined...

Old 01-06-2009, 12:15 AM   #3

Jard triggers are one of the best kept secrets in gunsmithing. I installed a Jard in an AR 15 a few years ago, because It was the least expensive of 4 makes I was concidering. I was impressed by the ease of installation and the results. Every time I tell someone about them they either have never heard of them or claim they are inferior. You can't prove it by me. I know have them in 4 AR 15s and an AR 10. I use the money I save by using them to buy more primers,powder, brass, and bullets

Old 01-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #4

bought one for a build, after sqeezing it bought another for mine. +10 for JARD