Jams with Wolf - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Jams with Wolf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 01:26 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

I'd shop around more, you can find sales on Tula, etc. for $4-4.50.
I get AE because it is brass. I don't like steel cuz u can't reload it.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
Both of you need to have your chambers checked. I have multiple ARs that are on a healthy diet of Russian ammo. More proof ARs are not created equal with exceptions of course.

People need to trouble shoot before posting that a particular ammo is crap. If you don't even know what buffer you are running do you know enough to make such claims?
My rifle is in good condition. The ONLY ammo that will not work in my gun is wolf. I've shot plenty of brown bears out of it with no problem. I've also shot tulla, hornady, american eagle, and a few others with no problems. Its not the rifle. Its the crap ammo.

Most of the problems I've had with wolf are ftf's. It gets the rd in about half way then it stops. The best way to fix that problem is to not shoot the crrap ammo.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #43

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19

My rifle is in good condition. The ONLY ammo that will not work in my gun is wolf. I've shot plenty of brown bears out of it with no problem. I've also shot tulla, hornady, american eagle, and a few others with no problems. Its not the rifle. Its the crap ammo.

Most of the problems I've had with wolf are ftf's. It gets the rd in about half way then it stops. The best way to fix that problem is to not shoot the crrap ammo.
Yep 100 rounds is an appropriate sample size to make the crap ammo assessment. I must have magic ARs. If it was crap wouldn't everyone have trouble with it?

I understand if you don't like to use it but don't spread BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-23-2012, 04:03 AM   #44
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Last week Tulamo jamed my DD for about 4 times on the first mag of 30 rounds. That was it's first time using Tulamo. I had been using Wolf ammo 1000 rounds without any problems. And i usually clean my AR throughly after range visits. So i banned Tulamo from my DD.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:39 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
Last week Tulamo jamed my DD for about 4 times on the first mag of 30 rounds. That was it's first time using Tulamo. I had been using Wolf ammo 1000 rounds without any problems. And i usually clean my AR throughly after range visits. So i banned Tulamo from my DD.
As I did with wolf in my stag. It seems to me that some AR's do not feed some ammo.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:42 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Yep 100 rounds is an appropriate sample size to make the crap ammo assessment. I must have magic ARs. If it was crap wouldn't everyone have trouble with it?

I understand if you don't like to use it but don't spread BS.
I agree that I came in too strong calling it crap ammo. I just have a personal thing against it, as if seen it not feed correctly (every rd I might add) in two AR's.

Wolf does not work for me, or for a few other shooters it seems.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #47

Liked 1153 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

I have had good luck with steel in both my guns Tula, brown bear, tiger and Wolf with out any issues , I did run this stuff thru both guns without ever putting brass in it . Maybe thats the difference ? who will ever know but it runs AE, Remington and PMC brass just fine also

Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
I have had good luck with steel in both my guns Tula, brown bear, tiger and Wolf with out any issues , I did run this stuff thru both guns without ever putting brass in it . Maybe thats the difference ? who will ever know but it runs AE, Remington and PMC brass just fine also
You must have magic guns too. Because wolf is crap and won't work in any gun lol. But there is no way it could be that some people own ar's with out of spec chambers? Anyway I am going on 3000 rounds in my ar and only 100 have been brass. Maybe mine is magic also.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #49

Steel shoots just fine out of my gun. Its wolf that I have all the trouble with.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #50

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'd say a dozen or so jams out of a hundred trigger pulls is enough to justify making a crap assesment. Especially when it's the ONLY ammo that's ever given my AR trouble. I'm sure it works fine for some people, but why would anybody modify their AR just to shoot Wolf. That'd be like modifying a Ferrari to run on deisel.