J P Enterprises AR trigger
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > J P Enterprises AR trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default J P Enterprises AR trigger

I was wondering if any one here has ever installed a J.P. Enterprises JPFC-1 adjustable trigger with their Speed Hammer. I ordered one from Brownells yesterday for the 264 lbc build I'm working on. The reviews I read are pretty good but some say it can be a pain to install and adjust with some file or stone work necessary and others say it was a piece of cake to install. If anyone has installed one do you have any advice or anything I might need to watch for or anything that would make the installation easier. It comes with a 30 minute DVD explaining how to do it.

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

It's probably just the variations in their receivers. Difference in tolerances and stuff. There's probably no correct answer for your question

Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilletFan24 View Post
It's probably just the variations in their receivers. Difference in tolerances and stuff. There's probably no correct answer for your question
That could be but most of the fitting I have read about wasn't fitting the trigger group to the receiver but fitting the trigger to the safety and tuning the disconector engagement. Guess I find out next week.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Firearms Talk mobile app

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 01-15-2014, 02:54 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Yeah. My trigger/safety fit fine so I dunno what to say. I'm happy with it.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilletFan24 View Post
Yeah. My trigger/safety fit fine so I dunno what to say. I'm happy with it.
Ok thanks. Thats what I was really asking. Just what was the experence of anyone that has installed one, good or bad.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:53 AM   #6

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts

I just ordered the jp enterprise springs from midway usa. For ten bucks it's worth a try. Beats spending 200+ on a high end trigger. If it brings my trigger down to a 3.5 trigger pull then I'll be a happy camper!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 01-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copeman60 View Post
I just ordered the jp enterprise springs from midway usa. For ten bucks it's worth a try. Beats spending 200+ on a high end trigger. If it brings my trigger down to a 3.5 trigger pull then I'll be a happy camper!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Firearms Talk mobile app
They also suggest cutting or grinding down the spur on the stock hammer to lighten it a bit to speed up lock time.

Old 01-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok I have everything done to my 264 lbc build that I can do till the barrel gets here which if it comes within the promised time frame that will be between Feb. 11th and 25th ( 10 to 12 weeks). The JP Enterprises trigger turned out to be a piece of cake to install. You first install the trigger and hammer without the disconnector and adjust the front set screw to set overtravel and then set the rear set screw to adjust sear engagement. Then you lock both of those in place with red Loctite. Then you install the disconnector and they say you will probably have to adjust its timing by doing some stoning or grinding. I didn't as mine worked perfectly as is. You hold the trigger to the rear and cock the hammer and the disconnector should grab the hammer, then as you slowly release the trigger the disconnector should pass the hammer off to the trigger. Then as you pull the trigger it releases the hammer (which you control with your thumb). My trigger has very little movement and releases the hammer at 3 lbs. They also say you may have to fit the safety which I didn't as it also works as it should as is. I have 178 pieces of new A.A. 6.5 Grendel brass on the way and another 100 on backorder.
img_3611.jpg   img_3606.jpg   img_3603.jpg   img_3612.jpg   img_3614.jpg  

img_3615.jpg  

Old 01-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #9

Liked 1150 Times on 746 Posts
Likes Given: 2040

Quote:
Originally Posted by string1946 View Post
They also suggest cutting or grinding down the spur on the stock hammer to lighten it a bit to speed up lock time.
I had to do this , I got some light JP springs and then I had alot of FTFire issues so I knocked the spur off the back of the hammer and it works fine now

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 01-24-2014, 02:51 PM   #10

Liked 1150 Times on 746 Posts
Likes Given: 2040

How do you like the LRB lower ? Love the ones I have , They fit tightest of all the lowers I own .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens