Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > I've got the AR-15 bug!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I don't personally believe the ACOG is the best solution for a street to street AR application. Than again, you don't NEED an ACOG for street to street combat.

I feel the ACOG is a fine unit, but it's WELL and BEYOND what is needed by a standard civilian's need within the boundaries of the US of A.

JD

Old 02-20-2011, 11:40 PM   #22

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I agree with JD, for a SHTF gun use the cash saved for ammo.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-21-2011, 12:07 AM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'm not a big believer that we'll ever have to fight in the streets with our ARs while pulling a wagon full of ammo. That said, if it were to happen I think a H1 or T1 would suit that situation best. If you need an ACOG your taking shots that are way to long and drawing un needed attention to yourself. Wouldn't the best bet be to lay low and creep to your destination? This would conserve resources and increase your chances of survival. Just a thought.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:09 AM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 151 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 77

You all are correct. I feel like I have a little guy on my left shoulder saying, "Do it, Do it!" And obvious the little guy on my right shoulder is whispering, "Don't be a fool, you are now retired, you aren't going to be doing any more low crawling...save your money!"

Old 02-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1008 Times on 566 Posts
Likes Given: 394

I mounted a Vortex Diamondback 3 x 9 x 40 on mine. I upgraded the scope on my X-bolt and the Vortex needed a home. Basic "hunting" optics may may be bulkier than some other options, but for target shooting at 100 -200 yards they work great. A friend of mine mounted a Burris of the same specs. on his and used it to take a whitetail this year.

But you are correct, options for optics are nearly unlimited. For every optic you like, buy another AR!