Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   its started. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/its-started-58517/)

jjfuller1 02-22-2012 08:01 PM

its started.

i ordered my PSA stripped lower today. deciding between 2 PSA uppers. would i be okay with a dpms parts kit? or do i need to cough up more money for a RRA or DD?

its going to be mostly target/ plinking rifle for my wife and i.

i'll add updates as i go.

this will be my first build

mjkeat 02-22-2012 08:22 PM

There is to much negative talk about DPMS anything. I picked one up localy as I was in a hurry and regret it. The pins walked on me locking up the trigger. A new LPK was installed and the problem stopped.

Jpyle 02-22-2012 08:28 PM

For the extra $20 or so I'd go with DD. Why chance having the most critical parts going to the lowest bidder? JMHO.

AgentTikki 02-22-2012 09:41 PM

What about PSA's lpks. They've stated that they use the same suppliers FN does. I've never had a problem with the 5+ kits I've ordered. They did forget a couple bits on one order but a quick call to their CS and they mailed them to me quickly.

At $45 they are a steal imo, but I think they bumped their price back up to $50.

Quentin 02-22-2012 11:12 PM

I agree, $45-50 for the PSA LPK is a steal and will have to try one next time. I've had excellent luck with three Daniel Defense and three Stag/CMTs. My first LPK was Del-Ton which was very rough as was a buddy's DPMS. Of the LPKs starting with "D" I'd pay the difference and go with Daniel Defense.

mjkeat 02-22-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin
I agree, $45-50 for the PSA LPK is a steal and will have to try one next time. I've had excellent luck with three Daniel Defense and three Stag/CMTs. My first LPK was Del-Ton which was very rough as was a buddy's DPMS. Of the LPKs starting with "D" I'd pay the difference and go with Daniel Defense.

I just put a PSA LPK in my .22. It's nice.

jjfuller1 02-22-2012 11:38 PM

okay thanks. looks like it may be an all psa build. hehe

Gatoragn 02-23-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 717335)
okay thanks. looks like it may be an all psa build. hehe

For one of my builds I used a PSA lpk w/out fire control, then I stuck a RRA 2 stage trigger in it. PSA parts are excellent.

jjfuller1 03-08-2012 11:28 PM

checkec to see where my lower was. my buddy(gundealer) forgot to order it... wanted to smack him... also chatted with psa.. they wont make any ny compliant uppers. guess im back to researching. lol

AgentTikki 03-08-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1 (Post 733876)
checkec to see where my lower was. my buddy(gundealer) forgot to order it... wanted to smack him... also chatted with psa.. they wont make any ny compliant uppers. guess im back to researching. lol

DOH! ><

um, if I'm not mistaken, you just need an upper with no bayonet lug and no flash hider for a NY legal upper right?