Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > It's here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2601 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 202

"I'm not too worried about glass costs, I don't mind paying for quality. I just want her to be as vesatile as possible. I mean it would be a shame to have such a sexy rifle and then skimp on a scope. That would be like a stripper with a million dollar body and a ten cent face."

What? They have faces? Around these parts the bodies are about $19.95.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

Of course if you want the best, Schmidt & Bender is at the top of my list personally.

It's probably about a 15%-20% better scope than the Leupold but at about twice the price.

JD
But they are oh soooooooooooooo sexy That would be my choice on a gun set up for target accuracy. That is also what I run on my .338 Lapua bolt gun, and would not trade it for anything else.

On my AR10, I run either a Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm LR/T M1 or a Nikon Tactical Riflescope #8412, 2.5-10 x 44mm. Both do extremely well for what I use the AR10 for, have the range and light gathering that I need when I need it and have never had any issues from recoil, weather, dust, etc.

Like JD said, either of those will run you half of what I paid for my Schmidt & Bender, and attract almost as much attention....almost

Old 01-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #13

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Schmidt & Bender? Holy s*^t, are you guys out of your fu*^%ng minds? I got 5 kids to feed.
No, not really, but damn I do have other hobbies.

S&B - they are really nice though, i'll have to think about it. I'm getting busy at work and it's winter time, so I have time to research. I figured it wouldn't be until around March that I would get her out to a range anyhow.

Robocop,
Around here we got a huge club where all the girls are Maxim cover quality. I can't go too often because I end up out of my friggin mind and toss money around like an idiot. Unfortunately those beans I was sold have not sprouted the money trees I was promised.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #14

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

So now that things have slowed down at work and home and the weather has finally broke it's time for me to get busy.

I ordered up a Burris bipod and some Midwest Industries iron sights. Got them Friday and installed them today.

s5031914.jpg

s5031913.jpg

I am very pleased with both the bipod and the sights. They are very solid, mount securely and cleanly. So I hope to be at the range by mid/late this week to break her in, dial her in and then try her out at 100yds with the iron sights.

I also picked up a set of YHM EZ Pull takedown pins. I'm going to wait to install them until after I am back from the range and take her apart for a thorough cleaning.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That's a good looking piece of kit you got their Dog.... *Grabby Hands* Come to JD, Come to JayDee.

Looking forward to some range targets and how she performs....

JD

Newest Threads