Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Its finally finished! My first AR

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 01:20 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarinCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,170
Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Jun, when you assembled the upper, did you use Go/No go gauges or just put it together and shoot it?

Thanks
Darin

__________________
Quote:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me
DarinCraft is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:40 AM   #132
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,381
Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malpal View Post
Man, nice AR. This thread has me second guessing my summer plan on picking up a PSL. This might be an equally fun route.
So easy, even a Caveman can do it!
__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:13 AM   #133
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
junho806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 909
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
Jun, when you assembled the upper, did you use Go/No go gauges or just put it together and shoot it?

Thanks
Darin
I had my local gun shop check for head spacing
If the upper is all the same company it should be ok but you should still get it checked
__________________

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

junho806 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:26 AM   #134
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarinCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 1,170
Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junho806 View Post
I had my local gun shop check for head spacing
If the upper is all the same company it should be ok but you should still get it checked
I totally agree, I just wanted to know if you did it and didn't mention it or didn't do it and got lucky.
Thanks
__________________
Quote:
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me
DarinCraft is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #135
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Yuma,AZ
Posts: 29
Default

...............

__________________

Last edited by s13marine; 02-11-2011 at 04:24 PM.
s13marine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:20 AM   #136
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sniper03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,001
Liked 2220 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

Default

Junho,

That is one nice rifle! Congratulations on your first new build!

03

__________________
Sniper03 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #137
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 51
Default

Well here's what I just finished

__________________
jesseingall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 PM   #138
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Very nice rifle Jesse - Can you give us some stats on what parts you chose?

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #139
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NitroxAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: molonlabeforum.com
Posts: 4,899
Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Default

That picture is so big I thought you were showing off the flooring until I scrolled down a bit

Nice rifle.

__________________
NitroxAZ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #140
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ktmboyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Steep Falls,Maine
Posts: 1,210
Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default

yes very nice Looks very close to my last build

__________________
ktmboyz is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
finished 1911 cad design tl1000ata 1911 Forum 12 09-30-2011 09:03 PM
finished 1911 cad design tl1000ata DIY Projects 20 10-05-2010 04:20 AM
re-finished costum mosin mosin man DIY Projects 4 07-23-2009 07:27 PM
It's Finally Finished-I Think! Txhillbilly General Rifle Discussion 8 03-07-2009 12:28 AM
L6 Tomahawk Finished Pics r_branan Other Weapons 5 06-03-2008 01:51 AM



Newest Threads