Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Its finally finished! My first AR

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 02:35 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Dovetail Sling Mount
$24.00
YHM-9485S
This sling mount can be installed onto any picatinny rail to allow the use of swiveling sling stud. Ambidextrous design, made from aircraft quality aluminum and hardcoated to mil. specs. Swiveling stud included.

Ask, and you shall be given Sage Advice.... LOL

yhm-9485s.jpg  
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #112
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dynastyofnext's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 318
Default

Any advice on where to buy AR parts? Some place that wont be backordered?

__________________
Every day above ground is a beautiful day.
dynastyofnext is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:10 AM   #113
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 260
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Junho, you've inspired me. I purchased my first gun, a Glock 23, last month, and now you make me want to build my own rifle. Can you pm the guide you were using, as well as what you consider the necessary links to get set up with an AR-15?

I'll probably spend the next 2 months learning about AR-15's, another month or two deciding how I want to customize mine, and then save up to build one. Should be fun! Built a computer last year, build a gun next!

__________________
feedsasquatch is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #114
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12
Default

What a difference new rails and a new stock makes, Looks way better than the factory handguards. Magpul makes some nice stocks, has anyone used their ubr (utility/battle rifle) stock.

__________________
www.ShopStunGuns.com
Ebee is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #115
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedsasquatch View Post
Junho, you've inspired me. I purchased my first gun, a Glock 23, last month, and now you make me want to build my own rifle. Can you pm the guide you were using, as well as what you consider the necessary links to get set up with an AR-15?

I'll probably spend the next 2 months learning about AR-15's, another month or two deciding how I want to customize mine, and then save up to build one. Should be fun! Built a computer last year, build a gun next!
'Squatch - Did you ever get what you needed on this??

JD
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:16 AM   #116
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 260
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
'Squatch - Did you ever get what you needed on this??

JD
I sure didn't. I've been researching various AR platforms, and I'm considering Rock River arms, DPMS, and Bushmaster. I'd still like more info on building one though...
__________________
feedsasquatch is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #117
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

'Squatch - Post a new thread with your questions, continue this one, or just PM with what you need.

As for a guide, check this out:

DPMS Complete Lower Assembly Instructions

Upper Receiver Assembly

They also have videos on how to assemble them. If you are a Supporting Member, you can get into the Knowledge Base and there is a picture by picture write up some jack-a-lope did on how to assemble one of these things from a stripped receiver. Okay, it was me and that is shameless pimping on my part, but I think it's informative and it's an FTF exclusive..... Although a quick Google or YouTube video check will give you the same thing....

Building an AR is really quite easy. Junho has ZERO experience when he first came here. He asked good questions. Did the research that we provided for him and before we knew it, he had an up and running AR that he built himself.

The best thing, in my mind, is that if he ever has a malfunction, he is familiar with every working part, so he knows what everything does...

JD

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:53 AM   #118
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
junho806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 909
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
'Squatch - Post a new thread with your questions, continue this one, or just PM with what you need.

As for a guide, check this out:

DPMS Complete Lower Assembly Instructions

Upper Receiver Assembly

They also have videos on how to assemble them. If you are a Supporting Member, you can get into the Knowledge Base and there is a picture by picture write up some jack-a-lope did on how to assemble one of these things from a stripped receiver. Okay, it was me and that is shameless pimping on my part, but I think it's informative and it's an FTF exclusive..... Although a quick Google or YouTube video check will give you the same thing....

Building an AR is really quite easy. Junho has ZERO experience when he first came here. He asked good questions. Did the research that we provided for him and before we knew it, he had an up and running AR that he built himself.

The best thing, in my mind, is that if he ever has a malfunction, he is familiar with every working part, so he knows what everything does...

JD
I agree 100% with what JD said

With thorough research, our helpful firearmstalk community (really really helpful ), and willingness to do something new (even though you may mess up but hey its a learning experience!) you can build one too!
i've put about 500 rounds through and only 2 or 3 malfunctions (crappy magazine got rid of it quick) but that's with lots of cleaning and maintenance but knowing the firearms inch by inch helped locate the problem immediately.
Many people own AR-15s but not all can say they "know" their AR-15 and that's something I take pride in


keep us posted!
__________________

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

junho806 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:54 AM   #119
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
junho806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 909
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

hey just wanted to update you guys
sold my eotech 512 and looking to buy an Aimpoint comp m3
dont like the large reticle and button placement so gonna try out the aimpoint and i've read and heard alot of good things about them

__________________

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

junho806 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:21 AM   #120
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
benjandpurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lafayette, La
Posts: 37
Default EoTech

I am new to the Black Rifle stuff too, and I have a question about the Eotech sights. I know they must be pretty good cause of the military using them and I see alot of people that own them, but I was wondering if there is a comparable holosight that doesnt cost $500. But similar.

__________________
benjandpurge is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
finished 1911 cad design tl1000ata 1911 Forum 12 09-30-2011 09:03 PM
finished 1911 cad design tl1000ata DIY Projects 20 10-05-2010 04:20 AM
re-finished costum mosin mosin man DIY Projects 4 07-23-2009 07:27 PM
It's Finally Finished-I Think! Txhillbilly General Rifle Discussion 8 03-07-2009 12:28 AM
L6 Tomahawk Finished Pics r_branan Other Weapons 5 06-03-2008 01:51 AM



Newest Threads