Irreputable companies

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Irreputable companies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Irreputable companies

I've posted recently about wanting to build my first AR and have asked the same question as countless others about what brands should I look for. With a ton of companies making parts out there, I'll flip the question and ask "What companies should I/we (for the other noobs) stay away from?"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2011, 04:17 AM   #2

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I cant really help on the ones to stay away from but the top two that i like is stag and rock river. I used to own a rock river and never had a problem out of it. I now own a stag full mil-spec 5.56 M4 and would not part with it.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-11-2011, 04:18 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

LOL, well, umm...

Any of these new companies that seem to pop up out of nowhere. For me it's easy to share which ones I trust. They are BCM, DD, PSA, KAC, Colt, Spikes, and LMT. I am probably missing some though.

It's always good practice to find a trusted distributor like DSG Arms, PSA, BCM, Aimsurplus, and Rainier Arms. Basicly if it's for sale at any of those places it's GTG.