Information - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 02:39 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5668 Times on 2960 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishStix View Post
Opinios are a lot of what I'm looking for just to get a starting point and also to have a little bit more precise idea of what I want. Are there any specific low powerd optics you like? As of now thats more towards what im looking at as well.
Thanks
it depends on your intended purpose and your personal pref i know its not what you wanna hear but im not you so i cant guess what ya like. prolly everyone in this thread would hate using my prefered rifle and setup.

lots of peeps think my archaic fixed A1 carryhandle rifle is little better than throwing rocks. i get that a lot at various ranges i go to. but i let my shooting speak for itself. my A1 AR15 can keep the shots on paper standing at 300yards. but ive been shooting A1 configured ARs since 1986. my preferred load is 55grn fmj.

my theory on 556 is speed is everything i like my load to start with a mv of 3000+ fps ive never had feed or ejection issues with my ar15s one of which is a parts rifle from 4 different parts sources

my recomendation go out and handle ar15s at gunshows and gunshops fondle as many as you can. go and shop optics peek thru as much as you can get a feel for what works for you. when you decide the style you like roll your own

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-18-2011, 04:18 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Ill make it simple. If you're like most you probably are going to be punching paper from 25-200 yards. The best overall configuration would be a 16" light weight mid length free floated upper w/ a 1-4x optic or red dot ( both would be great ), sitting on a good mil spec lower. You'll be set up for most any range or varmint hunting if you so choose.