individual parts and parts kits
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > individual parts and parts kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 767 Times on 393 Posts

Default individual parts and parts kits

I did a search and could not find a thread for parts or parts kit reviews. Since I have just started my first build I thought I would start one.

Just bought a Noveske lower and figured I didn't want to put junk in it, other than the trigger is there much difference in the basic LPK 's? What do you guys have experience with, individual parts that really make a difference, or what is fairy dust.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2606 Times on 1273 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Tank,

Yes there is a difference in lower parts kits. I have seen some this year that I would be ashamed of selling if I was the company. Best advise get them from a reputable manufacturer or parts dealer. You might want to take a look at M&A Parts IL. Who has thousands of AR and other parts. Also Rock River has some great lower parts kits. On kit even has their 2 Stage NM Trigger in it. This is one of the finest triggers I have ever used. You would be impressed to say the least! Just use caution where you get the parts. A lot of junk is presently coming into the states that looks like good parts but are not due to the metallurgical properties of the parts. And they make it look like a great deal regarding price but you get what you pay for if you know what I mean! Quality parts are case hardened for example, minimizing wear and breakage.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 09-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

i use rra lpk's. pretty much whatever one of the main AR15 makers or builders use is good. sourcing from stag, psa, rra etc and you should do just fine. i stay away from dpms lpk, ive had breakage issues under light range use with some of their parts in the past

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1151 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 690

have used a JP LPK, and a RRA LPK with match trigger. i love the trigger. its definately worth the price tag. can be had for about 160. i hear PSA makes a goos cheaper kit. havent used it but all i hear is good.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #5

Liked 1032 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

I think there's info on this in the AR Primer sticky. Anyway, ArmaLite and Stag LPKs are good. Daniel Defense is very good but I haven't seen one for sale in months. I've had excellent results with 3 each of the latter two. I hear great things about LMT, G&R Tactical, Rainier and PSA.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #6

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Tank,

Yes there is a difference in lower parts kits. I have seen some this year that I would be ashamed of selling if I was the company. Best advise get them from a reputable manufacturer or parts dealer. You might want to take a look at M&A Parts IL. Who has thousands of AR and other parts. Also Rock River has some great lower parts kits. On kit even has their 2 Stage NM Trigger in it. This is one of the finest triggers I have ever used. You would be impressed to say the least! Just use caution where you get the parts. A lot of junk is presently coming into the states that looks like good parts but are not due to the metallurgical properties of the parts. And they make it look like a great deal regarding price but you get what you pay for if you know what I mean! Quality parts are case hardened for example, minimizing wear and breakage.

I have that trigger in my ar and it is amazing after u pull the slack out all it is is a little nudge and boom. Iy is one of thr finest ttiggers ive ever felt. Its bettrr than my trainers

Old 09-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #7

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Look into yhm, very good products. I have theyre ar and love it...very accurate and smootg also a perty rifle

Old 09-28-2012, 02:54 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
i use rra lpk's. pretty much whatever one of the main AR15 makers or builders use is good. sourcing from stag, psa, rra etc and you should do just fine. i stay away from dpms lpk, ive had breakage issues under light range use with some of their parts in the past
Had the same issue with my DPMS, I broke the hammer retaining pin after a few courses and good bit of range time. I got the email notification today saying my PSA lower build kit for my SBR will be here on the 2nd, I'll post more when I get it assembled.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 767 Times on 393 Posts

Is there a stock similar to the ACE Socom that doesn't cost $200? I like the style and simplicity, and not too much going on.