Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   individual parts and parts kits (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/individual-parts-parts-kits-73272/)

TankTop 09-27-2012 01:21 PM

individual parts and parts kits

I did a search and could not find a thread for parts or parts kit reviews. Since I have just started my first build I thought I would start one.

Just bought a Noveske lower and figured I didn't want to put junk in it, other than the trigger is there much difference in the basic LPK 's? What do you guys have experience with, individual parts that really make a difference, or what is fairy dust.

Sniper03 09-27-2012 03:54 PM

Tank,

Yes there is a difference in lower parts kits. I have seen some this year that I would be ashamed of selling if I was the company. Best advise get them from a reputable manufacturer or parts dealer. You might want to take a look at M&A Parts IL. Who has thousands of AR and other parts. Also Rock River has some great lower parts kits. On kit even has their 2 Stage NM Trigger in it. This is one of the finest triggers I have ever used. You would be impressed to say the least! Just use caution where you get the parts. A lot of junk is presently coming into the states that looks like good parts but are not due to the metallurgical properties of the parts. And they make it look like a great deal regarding price but you get what you pay for if you know what I mean! Quality parts are case hardened for example, minimizing wear and breakage.

JonM 09-28-2012 12:08 AM

i use rra lpk's. pretty much whatever one of the main AR15 makers or builders use is good. sourcing from stag, psa, rra etc and you should do just fine. i stay away from dpms lpk, ive had breakage issues under light range use with some of their parts in the past

jjfuller1 09-28-2012 12:13 AM

have used a JP LPK, and a RRA LPK with match trigger. i love the trigger. its definately worth the price tag. can be had for about 160. i hear PSA makes a goos cheaper kit. havent used it but all i hear is good.

Quentin 09-28-2012 12:19 AM

I think there's info on this in the AR Primer sticky. Anyway, ArmaLite and Stag LPKs are good. Daniel Defense is very good but I haven't seen one for sale in months. I've had excellent results with 3 each of the latter two. I hear great things about LMT, G&R Tactical, Rainier and PSA.

Ultimate_sig 09-28-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03
Tank,

Yes there is a difference in lower parts kits. I have seen some this year that I would be ashamed of selling if I was the company. Best advise get them from a reputable manufacturer or parts dealer. You might want to take a look at M&A Parts IL. Who has thousands of AR and other parts. Also Rock River has some great lower parts kits. On kit even has their 2 Stage NM Trigger in it. This is one of the finest triggers I have ever used. You would be impressed to say the least! Just use caution where you get the parts. A lot of junk is presently coming into the states that looks like good parts but are not due to the metallurgical properties of the parts. And they make it look like a great deal regarding price but you get what you pay for if you know what I mean! Quality parts are case hardened for example, minimizing wear and breakage.

I have that trigger in my ar and it is amazing after u pull the slack out all it is is a little nudge and boom. Iy is one of thr finest ttiggers ive ever felt. Its bettrr than my trainers

Ultimate_sig 09-28-2012 12:28 AM

Look into yhm, very good products. I have theyre ar and love it...very accurate and smootg also a perty rifle

xRacerX75x 09-28-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
i use rra lpk's. pretty much whatever one of the main AR15 makers or builders use is good. sourcing from stag, psa, rra etc and you should do just fine. i stay away from dpms lpk, ive had breakage issues under light range use with some of their parts in the past

Had the same issue with my DPMS, I broke the hammer retaining pin after a few courses and good bit of range time. I got the email notification today saying my PSA lower build kit for my SBR will be here on the 2nd, I'll post more when I get it assembled.

TankTop 10-04-2012 06:37 PM

Is there a stock similar to the ACE Socom that doesn't cost $200? I like the style and simplicity, and not too much going on.