You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

I'll apologize now AR noob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1698 Times on 1115 Posts
Likes Given: 1685

Yeah that 30-day range pass seals the deal for me. I know people get better deals, like the G23 Gen 4 for under $500 even without a LE discount but it was worth an extra $35 or so for the range pass. And at first I thought it was just for the gun you bought there but you can bring any guns (as long as they allow that caliber). It's only a 25 yard range but still a deal.

Unfortunately Impact Guns is only in Utah and Idaho I think, but maybe someone else close by might do something like this?
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 08-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Not around here. Everything is way overpriced and they grab for every last cent they can.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1698 Times on 1115 Posts
Likes Given: 1685

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Not around here. Everything is way overpriced and they grab for every last cent they can.
Yeah deals are scarce around here too but I keep looking! At least we have online sales if no one wants our business. Impact Guns used to be way overpriced but I liked to go there because of their selection and indoor range with gun rentals. But it seems their prices are a little better today. And every Tuesday is ladies day where women can shoot free so I take my wife there once in a while. Makes it half price since only I have to pay. According to the staff I've talked to they've cultivated new business going after the female market. Another good thing, you can bring your own ammo, some places make you buy it there for the range.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 08-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Yeah deals are scarce around here too but I keep looking! At least we have online sales if no one wants our business. Impact Guns used to be way overpriced but I liked to go there because of their selection and indoor range with gun rentals. But it seems their prices are a little better today. And every Tuesday is ladies day where women can shoot free so I take my wife there once in a while. Makes it half price since only I have to pay. According to the staff I've talked to they've cultivated new business going after the female market. Another good thing, you can bring your own ammo, some places make you buy it there for the range.
Sorry OP we've strayed off topic.

If any of the ranges made me purchase their ammo I'd tell them to kick rocks.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:37 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

No problem from me, I'm always up for a good conversation about deals with gun shops anywhere you can find them. Either way I get to go tomorrow to pick up my stripped lower reciever, then its just waiting and waiting and waiting for the upper to come in. Feels like years.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:41 AM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

So what upper did you decide on?

Old 08-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I went with the PSA 16" rifle kit.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

awesome. what's the delivery date?

Old 08-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I am not sure, I ordered it on friday night so I will call them within the next couple of days to get an exact date. Going to pick up the stripped lower today, and I might add I am not a patient person. I know some of you guys waited for months before your rifles came in but I don't think I could do it.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Waiting is one of those things I try not to think about. The month or so wait for my DD was painful for the first 2 weeks. However I got bust w/ other things and next thing I new there was a shipping notice in my email.