If you're planning to buy, it may be now or never - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > If you're planning to buy, it may be now or never

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5940 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 5503

Every four years this comes up.

Wait until after the election, and prices have stabilized, then get whatever you think you'll need.

Buy when nobody's in a panic, and the dealers all have a good selection.

But if in normal times, if you just can't afford an AR or AK "cuz you just gotta get those new Mag wheels for your Camaro or you'll just die, and you can't live another single day without that new Nikon camera" then don't complain about prices and availability when election time rolls around and everybody panics.

Plan in advance, folks, and buy what you want/need when it's available and o sale. Prioritize!

A friend of mine spent over $8000 on upgrades for his brand new $20,000+ Harley, and then started whining to me about not being able to afford $750 for a good used AR. I think he got offended when he got no sympathy from me.

Winston Churchill

Old 04-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #42

Liked 1164 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 366

That new Nikon camera really is a huge upgrade though. The D800 is what I am referring to.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 04-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #43

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait until after the election, and prices have stabilized, then get whatever you think you'll need.

But if in normal times, if you just can't afford an AR or AK "cuz you just gotta get those new Mag wheels for your Camaro or you'll just die, and you can't live another single day without that new Nikon camera" then don't complain about prices and availability when election time rolls around and everybody panics.

Plan in advance, folks, and buy what you want/need when it's available and o sale. Prioritize!

A friend of mine spent over $8000 on upgrades for his brand new $20,000+ Harley, and then started whining to me about not being able to afford $750 for a good used AR. I think he got offended when he got no sympathy from me
Oh, how true.

Back in '09 when I started business, you didn't see a lot of sale offers from distributors. As time went on, I started to receive more and more. Now, with the '12 election looming and sales going through the roof, I noticed a slowdown of getting notices of sale prices. I still get a few, but not to the degree that I got them months ago. Whether it's iffy inventory, which is definately happening as I've seen it the several times lately I've checked for clients, or trying to maximize profits, you decide.

Last edited by wjnfirearms; 04-13-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #44

Liked 3022 Times on 1806 Posts
Likes Given: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

A friend of mine spent over $8000 on upgrades for his brand new $20,000+ Harley, and then started whining to me about not being able to afford $750 for a good used AR. I think he got offended when he got no sympathy from me.
good post. panic by gunowners is WHAT CAUSES these shortages in firearms and ammo.

but it HAS begun imo. i was intersted in my first AR (not cause of election, or end of the world).....just cause. the AR model i wanted, i had to call and hold. by the time i got to the store, one guy had already bought the last floor model, and another was inquiring about it. if i hadn't called to hold, i would have not been able to get to that gun within the 45 minute drive i made.

sheesh.

i would wait it out. this has all happened before. try and resist the urge to panic and buy up huge bulk amounts of ammo as well. just buy a couple boxes at a time....its all gonna be ok guys. calm...calm....

Old 04-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #45

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19

Guns? What guns? I'm an anti that joined this forum to look into the cerebral context of gun owners...you sick sick people.....
Hahaha yea thats what we are all doing :-x

What makes the grass grow?

Old 04-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #46

I'm glad I read this thread. I have been looking at AR's for a year or so trying to decide on the one I wanted. I finally made up my mind and then find out that there is a 16 week (minimum) wait for it! I guess I picked a bad time to finally purchase one. I really don't know whether to go through with an order or wait 'till the smoke clears and order it then. I'm affraid of the quality control that may be less due to the pumping out of so many rifles. My pick was LaRue with there PredatAR in 5.56. Does any body see an issue with this? Thanks.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #47

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck4Glocks

Agreed. There is a few other things on his agenda as well. Reasons why so many people are preparing for SHTF. Just a hunch and my opinion but I think Obama wants to be our last president, IE marshal law and the recent signing of the bill that allows the government to detain and imprison suspected terrorist without TRIAL. According to the government a suspected terrorist had a few things that peaks the governments interest: guns and ammunition, more than 7 days of food, missing fingers, and weather proofed ammunition.

My wife hates the fact that I spend money on guns and ammunition, which doesn't make sense because she knows what's coming as much as I do.
I'm in the same boat. The past few months I have spent every bit of my disposable income on guns and ammo. My wife just sighs and walks away.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:52 AM   #48

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19

Guns? What guns? I'm an anti that joined this forum to look into the cerebral context of gun owners...you sick sick people.....
Get out now or tho kitten gets it, nobody wont's the kitten to get it. Lol
image-3160835859.jpg