If you're planning to buy, it may be now or never - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > If you're planning to buy, it may be now or never

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 676

glad we bit the bullet and got my wifes the other day. was going to wait a few more weeks... looks like its time to start building some. lol

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #12
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1961 Times on 1061 Posts
Likes Given: 586

It is not a question of if Obama will try to ban guns, it is a question of when he will try to ban guns. It wont be just an assault weapon ban either.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 04-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #13

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
It is not a question of if Obama will try to ban guns, it is a question of when he will try to ban guns. It wont be just an assault weapon ban either.
It will be on the agenda in his second term.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1

This article was written before fast and furious broke into the news. You can sure see them laying the ground work.

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by downsouth; 04-11-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5692 Times on 3217 Posts
Likes Given: 5085

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
It will be on the agenda in his second term.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1
Yes, it will.

Winston Churchill

Old 04-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
Agreed. There is a few other things on his agenda as well. Reasons why so many people are preparing for SHTF. Just a hunch and my opinion but I think Obama wants to be our last president, IE marshal law and the recent signing of the bill that allows the government to detain and imprison suspected terrorist without TRIAL. According to the government a suspected terrorist had a few things that peaks the governments interest: guns and ammunition, more than 7 days of food, missing fingers, and weather proofed ammunition.

My wife hates the fact that I spend money on guns and ammunition, which doesn't make sense because she knows what's coming as much as I do.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #16

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Although I understand your concerns, I am kind of doubtful of an all out weapons ban in the next 4 or even ten years. Both the assault weapons ban and prohibition were eventually let go and I think a new law that even had a chance of passing would be quickly defeated. And the question of when Obama will try it, well, bills are constantly being brought up for and against gun rights and gun control, it's just they very seldom pass. We all need to remember before Obama can pass a bill it has to go through both the House and Senate and if our representatives fail to stop the bill or any bills putting a huge restriction on any of the first ten amendments, the people will rise to oppose it. If enough people oppose it and let their congressmen know they do, he or she will vote it down in order to keep their seat. We all need to vote for the right people, but it doesn't stop there. If you don't like a bill that is being passed, write your congressmen about it, that means all of your senators and house of representatives. If you get others to do the same, it will get their attention. Everyone also needs to remember the taxes we pay on guns and ammo, which help fund the government big time. Before they make a major step, you better believe they're gonna look at their income and how it will affect the budget. So for me I am not particularly worried about what will happen in the near future but encourage all to look to the distant future. Make steps now like joining the NRA and being vocal with your opinions to let others know, we must never let our guard down because if we do, they will slowly take away rights in the future. Like my preacher says, we need to stand up and speak out for ourselves instead of letting the antis take control of everything. The time to act is now and will always be now. Because if you don't act now, it will come back to bite you later. If you don't you will see what I have seem happen to Christianity in this country due to lack of action. People are trying to take out "One nation under God" and take the Ten Commandments out of court houses. Did you know our students are required (at least in Georgia) to know the five pillars of Islam for standardized tests but have to know very little about Christianity other than its founder. Don't let guns be undermined like Christianity has been. Take action NOW so we don't get rolled over later!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I also don't believe that an all out ban is in the offing. Still, never say never in regard to so called "assault weapons". I don't think too many people were concerned until Clinton did what he did. I'm not going to get panic stricked quite yet. I might stock up on ammo a bit more, mainly to get ahead of the predicted price hikes.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #18

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiahunter View Post
Although I understand your concerns, I am kind of doubtful of an all out weapons ban in the next 4 or even ten years. Both the assault weapons ban and prohibition were eventually let go and I think a new law that even had a chance of passing would be quickly defeated. And the question of when Obama will try it, well, bills are constantly being brought up for and against gun rights and gun control, it's just they very seldom pass. We all need to remember before Obama can pass a bill it has to go through both the House and Senate and if our representatives fail to stop the bill or any bills putting a huge restriction on any of the first ten amendments, the people will rise to oppose it. If enough people oppose it and let their congressmen know they do, he or she will vote it down in order to keep their seat. We all need to vote for the right people, but it doesn't stop there. If you don't like a bill that is being passed, write your congressmen about it, that means all of your senators and house of representatives. If you get others to do the same, it will get their attention. Everyone also needs to remember the taxes we pay on guns and ammo, which help fund the government big time. Before they make a major step, you better believe they're gonna look at their income and how it will affect the budget. So for me I am not particularly worried about what will happen in the near future but encourage all to look to the distant future. Make steps now like joining the NRA and being vocal with your opinions to let others know, we must never let our guard down because if we do, they will slowly take away rights in the future. Like my preacher says, we need to stand up and speak out for ourselves instead of letting the antis take control of everything. The time to act is now and will always be now. Because if you don't act now, it will come back to bite you later. If you don't you will see what I have seem happen to Christianity in this country due to lack of action. People are trying to take out "One nation under God" and take the Ten Commandments out of court houses. Did you know our students are required (at least in Georgia) to know the five pillars of Islam for standardized tests but have to know very little about Christianity other than its founder. Don't let guns be undermined like Christianity has been. Take action NOW so we don't get rolled over later!
As an atheist, I consider it a massive insult that marriage is consecrated by the government. It goes both ways.

The way you're talking is deceptive, and just as much a lie as any politician has told before.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Last edited by tCan; 04-11-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #19

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

And don't forget that this clown is a big fan of executive orders so he can bypass congress and the senate.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #20

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan

As an atheist, I consider it a massive insult that marriage is consecrated by the government. It goes both ways.
That would be a whole nother thread.

NEVER FORGET