Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   If you're planning to buy, it may be now or never (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/if-youre-planning-buy-may-now-never-62248/)

wjnfirearms 04-10-2012 08:46 PM

If you're planning to buy, it may be now or never
 
The Black Rifle shortage has begun in earnest. I just went to price one for a client today and the distributors are in short supply of virtually all of the makes. It seems that the current binge of panic buying has hit the AR market especially hard and distributors are having difficulty getting inventory. Last week, my rep at Davidsons told me that they got in 100 ARs (didn't mention makes) and they were scarfed by dealers in 4 1/2 minutes. That has to be some kind of record.

So, don't be surprised if finding a new AR becomes a quest very soon. I know the cheaper models have disappeared in the stock of several distributors already.

gunnovice09 04-10-2012 10:28 PM

Great I'm no where near enough money to by mine yet.

Kinetics 04-10-2012 10:32 PM

I think its funny that people think the right to bear is going to go away. NRA is one of the biggest lobbyists in the country, and if they did take it away, all hell would break lose. so IMHO if you cant get one now, just wait until elections are over and then buy it. just my .02$

scott_gen 04-10-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnovice09
Great I'm no where near enough money to by mine yet.

Me neither.

downsouth 04-10-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinetics
I think its funny that people think the right to bear is going to go away. NRA is one of the biggest lobbyists in the country, and if they did take it away, all hell would break lose. so IMHO if you cant get one now, just wait until elections are over and then buy it. just my .02$

Are you old enough to remember the assualt rifle ban?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

I do believe the nra was around then.

BenLuby 04-10-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 767225)
Are you old enough to remember the assualt rifle ban?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

I do believe the nra was around then.

I remember it. We also had this thing called prohibition, which would never happen, because people drank and we had breweries around. Anyone that thinks the government cannot and will not change laws suddenly to gain more control should start a pot of coffee, cause they need to wake up.

Kinetics 04-10-2012 11:09 PM

Well from the short amount of time that i have lived, those are the things that have been taught to me from parents/teachers so that is why is said its just my opinion :D But i guess only time will tell Btw im only 15 so i do not remember any assault rifle ban

Yunus 04-10-2012 11:25 PM

Even more recently than the assault weapons ban, I remember the election season 4 years ago. When ammo became difficult to find and black guns skyrocketed in price. Then I remember 6 months after the election when prices stabilized and everyone had guns and ammo in stock.

BenLuby 04-10-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunus (Post 767251)
Even more recently than the assault weapons ban, I remember the election season 4 years ago. When ammo became difficult to find and black guns skyrocketed in price. Then I remember 6 months after the election when prices stabilized and everyone had guns and ammo in stock.

I don't usually worry about first terms in office. I didn't worry when we had Clinton in office, either. Nor Carter, regardless of the fact Carter was retarded. But D'ohbama? He concerns me. Especially with his 'wait until after I win the election' crack.
I really don't think we've ever had a president as arrogant and power mad as this one.

downsouth 04-10-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinetics
Well from the short amount of time that i have lived, those are the things that have been taught to me from parents/teachers so that is why is said its just my opinion :D But i guess only time will tell Btw im only 15 so i do not remember any assault rifle ban

Nobody is blaming you for being young, it has happened before to all of us. The link I sent is from wikipedia but will give you the basics. I'm glad you are interested in 2a and guns. You my friend have a huge responsibility, you are the future. Educate yourself and stay vigilant!


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.