ID a AR15 Upper - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > ID a AR15 Upper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I sent an email to the seller to see if the bolt carrier group and charging handle are included. I'll pass on it if they are not included.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

mjkeat is dead right. Without the BCG and charging handle it's a flat ripoff. Check out Gunbroker for complete uppers, but decide what you want and what you're willing to spend first.

Rock River Arms CAR AR upper M4 5.56 : for AR-15 at GunBroker.com

Old 02-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #13

Well no bolt carrier group or charging handle, so I am going to pass on it. I am going to get a complete AR15 and save the build project for the next one. Here is a pic of a DPMS I am going to take a look at tomorrow. It comes with a bi-pod, three 30 round mags, and a hard plastic gun case. He is asking $700.
dmps.jpg  

Old 02-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
Well no bolt carrier group or charging handle, so I am going to pass on it. I am going to get a complete AR15 and save the build project for the next one. Here is a pic of a DPMS I am going to take a look at tomorrow. It comes with a bi-pod, three 30 round mags, and a hard plastic gun case. He is asking $700.
Is this an individual seller and is it used? If so how many rounds have been put through it. If not too many say about 1000, then it looks like a pretty good deal.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #15

He said it has been shot very little, and in like new condition.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #16

Liked 1437 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

If he doesn't have a bill of sale (proof of ownership) I'd walk!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
Does it have a removeable carry handle ?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Can I pry a little? How tight is your budget? If its doable maybe spending a little more could get you a lot more. How much of a rush are you in?

Aimsurplus.com sells Spikes Tactical uppers and various lowers for a good price. I just checked and they are currently sold out of the Spikes uppers. You could call them monday and ask when they will have them back in stock. They are very nice people and regularly get shipments in.

You could also look into a Del-Ton assempled rifle. I think I priced one for around $650, though I dont remember the specs. Its not operator quality but I bet it would get any of use through a day at the range. You can also pass on their bolt and purchace a DD or BCM bolt to slip in.

For me ARs are a major purchase. They are expensive and Im poor . Def. not a winning combonation for me. Ive learned to slow down and be patient or I usually miss out on a good deal. Theres an insane amount of great options out there. I doubt anyone here would hesitate to answer any questions you would have.

Lastly, give midlengths a look. You would probably like them a lot over a carbine gas system.

Edit: I just went and looked and the $650 was for a rifle kit not an assembled rifle. Their assembled rifle would be $750

You might want to look into a higher end used rifle. I usually use google or just browse WTS ads.

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-21-2011 at 12:29 AM.