Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   ID a AR15 Upper (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/id-ar15-upper-38684/)

paulb 02-19-2011 04:44 PM

ID a AR15 Upper
 
Hello All,

I am looking at purchasing an Ar15 upper and need help on ID-ing it. The only markings the seller can find are 5.56 Nato 1/9 on barrel, and the barrel is 20". I am going to take a look at it on Monday. What else should I look for to help ID the maker?

dunerunner 02-19-2011 04:48 PM

Can't tell anything from that pic, other than it is definately and AR upper!

whtsmoke 02-19-2011 11:11 PM

where are the marking located on the bbl?

Jpyle 02-20-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb (Post 448859)
Hello All,

I am looking at purchasing an Ar15 upper and need help on ID-ing it. The only markings the seller can find are 5.56 Nato 1/9 on barrel, and the barrel is 20". I am going to take a look at it on Monday. What else should I look for to help ID the maker?

Are you talking about an upper receiver, a barrel or a barreled receiver? A receiver and barrel can be, and most times are, from different manufacturers.

paulb 02-20-2011 12:30 AM

Complete Upper
 
It's a complete upper, barrel receiver, carry handle, and sights. I am trying to upload a pic, but having problems resizing it.

paulb 02-20-2011 01:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
whtsmoke,

The markings are on the barrel.

mjkeat 02-20-2011 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb (Post 449117)
It's a complete upper, barrel receiver, carry handle, and sights. I am trying to upload a pic, but having problems resizing it.

No bolt carrier group or charging handle? How much are they asking for it?

paulb 02-20-2011 01:55 PM

He is asking $400.
I didn't realize the bolt carrier group and charging handle are missing. I am new to AR's and don't know that much about them. I was planning to build my own lower and use this upper.
from what you see is $400 a good price? Is adding a bolt carrier group and charging handle something a novice can do?

mjkeat 02-20-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb (Post 449428)
He is asking $400.
I didn't realize the bolt carrier group and charging handle are missing. I am new to AR's and don't know that much about them. I was planning to build my own lower and use this upper.
from what you see is $400 a good price? Is adding a bolt carrier group and charging handle something a novice can do?

Hell no its not a good price. You dont even know what brand it is. It could be some bubba gun made up of $200 worth of low quality parts. You can get a high quality upper minus BCG and CH for that price. You'll have $10-$20 in shipping but its well worth it.

Dont buy it dude.

Let us know what your use is going to be w/ the rifle and I bet you'll get all the help you need.

I forgot to answer youre last Q. Anyone can slip a BCG and CH into an AR. In fact you have to know how in order to clean it.

M14sRock 02-20-2011 05:11 PM

Go to the Stag Arms website and look at some of their complete uppers. I think my last one from them was less than $450 and was complete.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:50 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.