I want to get a sling attachment
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > I want to get a sling attachment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I want to get a sling attachment

I want one that can be put on without taking apart the buffer tube is this a good one or is there a better one to get?

image-1971999447.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #2

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

That looks like a nice one. Brownell's usually doesn't carry junk. But I have no idea it's made from. What exactly is, "infrared-reduction impregnated material that has no IR signature." Does that description translate into some sort of plastic? It kind of reminds me when gun manufacturers describe Aluminum as, "Lightweight space age alloy". i.e. recycled beer cans.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #3

Liked 1128 Times on 733 Posts
Likes Given: 2015

Why not just run your webbing thru a slot in the stock , Free, easy and no waiting

Old 04-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #4

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

He might be wanting to run a single point sling. The only thing I don't care for is that is says it will fit both BOTH commercial and Mil-Spec buffer tubes. If it's a "one size fits all", that means it has to be flexible enough to bend itself around either size buffer tube. That leads me to believe it's some type of plastic.

Last edited by billt; 04-10-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Why in the world would you rather spend $50+ to get a mount like that instead of just taking off the tube, putting the mount on, and replacing the tube? Thats the craziest thing ive ever heard. If its because youre not comfortable taking the tube off, ill either do it for you for free or i will walk you through it over the phone. It is so easy to do, it just doesnt make sense to NOT do it.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #6

Liked 1000 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy00 View Post
Why in the world would you rather spend $50+ to get a mount like that instead of just taking off the tube, putting the mount on, and replacing the tube? Thats the craziest thing ive ever heard. If its because youre not comfortable taking the tube off, ill either do it for you for free or i will walk you through it over the phone. It is so easy to do, it just doesnt make sense to NOT do it.
I have to agree with ryguy - unless he's a police officer who's agency won't let them take tools to their issued guns.

Otherwise, for a single point sling get the $24 Noveske QD end plate and replace the existing end plate. It's made of steel unlike some that are aluminum. Even if you have to break through the castle nut staking and restake it's not a difficult job. Or shouldn't cost much to have someone else do it.

I have two and love them. Besides the strength of steel, another big advantage is you can still collapse the stock all the way when the sling is removed. With the collar shown above you'll lose the shortest position.

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/noveske-qd-end-plate/

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.