I think I just found my new Favorite internet source
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > I think I just found my new Favorite internet source

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default I think I just found my new Favorite internet source

So, I was fumbling around Gunbroker all day trying to get an upper. (I'd like to slap the shiiiiiiiiiiiiit out of some of the buyers and sellers) I watched for over 24 hours and saw not once decent upper go under $1000 with shipping. People are paying 850+ for junk. Pissed me off like you wouldn't believe. So I pretty much determine that i'm gonna have to settle for a Rguns upper that is listed with bcg and ch for $730. It was really chapping my ass too. Decided to take one last look at all the negative info on the friggin things and I stumble onto some shops site up north. Says the Rguns upper is in stock for $450. I'm thinking to myself, this place is out of business or a scam one. I called. The owner answered and talked to me for about 10 minutes. Seems like the nicest old man on earth. He says, well that Rguns stuff I think I have a couple, but I'd rather sell you the spikes unit. (and then the little person in my head says, well sure he does for $1000 bucks or so) $495 for the complete spikes upper. I'm baffled, but I said what the hell I'll charge it on my Visa and if it gets messy i'll just charge it back and let Visa deal with the fallout. If this works out, I'll pass along the site. If it doesn't, well I won't really loose anything so be it. I nearly **** my pants when he said he had the spikes instock for NORMAL price. Told me he owned two stores with ranges and wasn't about raping his customers. I said hell man, for service like that I'll buy all my **** from you!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

um....is that price with a BCG and Charging handle?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
um....is that price with a BCG and Charging handle?
Yes it actually is

Old 01-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

You should send him a "thank you" card, maybe some squirrel jerky.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #5

I'm still sitting here in disbelief. I mean, the Spikes bcg alone is worth over $400 in the aftermarket right now. In my state of shock, I only ordered one. Perhaps I should order more? Nah, I'll let you guys fight over it. I'd only resell it anyway. I'm not that much of a dick

Old 01-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1871 Times on 1281 Posts
Likes Given: 691

Reselling has a way of coming back on you. I sold a DPMS for $2k. Well I figured I have come out like a fat rat. Today, I take my dog to the vet and she needs $1k of dental work. She found a deer carcass and broke a molar chewing up the bones. Karma is a real bitch. I have ammo I was planning on selling. I think I will buy a bottle of paint balls and do what I intended on doing with that ammo.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Reselling has a way of coming back on you. I sold a DPMS for $2k. Well I figured I have come out like a fat rat. Today, I take my dog to the vet and she needs $1k of dental work. She found a deer carcass and broke a molar chewing up the bones. Karma is a real bitch. I have ammo I was planning on selling. I think I will buy a bottle of paint balls and do what I intended on doing with that ammo.
Heard that. Karma hasn't been kind to me for quite a while. Shoulder surgery in 2009-back surgery in 2011-unemployment in 2012 and now into 2013--I don't know how much more Karma I can take.....

Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #8

Liked 1032 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

These days $500 for a Spikes upper with BCG and charging handle is amazing! Plastic handguards, too?

Let us know how it goes, GP. I hope well. What barrel/profile?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
These days $500 for a Spikes upper with BCG and charging handle is amazing! Plastic handguards, too?

Let us know how it goes, GP. I hope well. What barrel/profile?
Here's a copy of the description:
"New Spike Tactical 16" M4 LE .223/5.56x45 caliber. Complete Upper Reciever assembly for AR15/M16type Rifle. Barrel is certified MIL-B-11595E CMV. This is a COMPLETE Upper reciever assembly, everything except a rear sight, and includes Magpul MOE heat shield lined handguards. HP/MP Tested Bolt & Barrel."

If it is Kosher, I will give a few of you the name of the place. I don't want to repay this man's kindness with a bombardment of calls/emails/net orders. When I posted a link to the site I had been buying .22LR rounds from, they were out of stock that day. Their stock had remained about the same the 5 days prior to me listing it. How do those spec's look Quen?

Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 AM   #10

Liked 1032 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

Sounds great. Milspec barrel and bolt plus MOE handguards. Well worth getting over the Rguns upper.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.