Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   I need advice. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/i-need-advice-62956/)

southernfirepower 04-20-2012 09:16 PM

I need advice.

Have a complete lowers that I want to turn into a complete rifle but I will be low on funds for a month or so.... What I do have is a wasr 10/63 with eight mags. An eotech. And a surfire flashlight and mount. Would it be wise to try to sell the rifle with all the original parts or should I try to sell it as is for about1000 bucks? Is that too much? Too low?

Quentin 04-20-2012 10:21 PM

If you have to sell right now I'd split it up. Not likely to find someone who wants it all. A new WASR goes for ~ $400, can't say what the rest is new but you'll have to discount of course. Would you use the same optic or light on an AR?

Honestly I wouldn't sell my old WASR, I'd hang on somehow. Can't you wait a month? :D

MikeJK 04-20-2012 10:22 PM

Sound like you are wanting to sell the AK to fund another AR, correct? If so I would keep the EoTech, mount, and light for the new AR.

I would think the AK was around $450 new plus $10 a mag for steel surplus. That's $530 roughly for a new WASR w/ 8 magazines.

southernfirepower 04-20-2012 11:02 PM

Yes I do want to fund an ar, and it kills me a little bit inside to sell it. And at gun shows the cheapest I've seen them is for about 500. ( I know not much of a difference) and as far as optics go I kind of wanted to get an aim point. The eotech only cost 444.00 and the light and mount came out to about 150.00. I know I could sell the rifle and optic and get an upper but i wanted something nice. And the rifle it self has add ons such as the tx weapon systems rail system and quads so I figured 450 would be a good amount for the the rifle itself with the mags. And yes that rail was pricy. 150. For an optics rail on an ak. I just don't know.

BCMjUnKiE 04-20-2012 11:20 PM

I have sold guns in the past and kicked myself in the ass. Like my Nighthawk GRP 1911, SA micro compact OD 1911.

BenLuby 04-20-2012 11:24 PM

Personal opinion, if you have issues selling it now, you'll have huge arse regrets later. Better to slowly build the AR and keep the one you have, than sell the AR for 'instant gratification', but have remorse later. The AR deserves love and attention, not hatred because she came between you and Mrs. AK.

cakesterkiller 04-20-2012 11:46 PM

don't sell it just be patent and save your money you'll still be able to find an upper somewhere in a month or two.... now that being said they may get a little harder to find after this election year so don't wait to long and if ya have to sell something wait til the political crap heats up a bit you'll get a better price for whatever ya sell

southernfirepower 04-20-2012 11:59 PM

Thank you guys you all make great points and pointed out some good ones I didn't think of. I think I'll hold on to it and be patient, I just hope I'll be able to get my hand on and upper when the time comes