Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > I must say I am surprised

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default I must say I am surprised

I've ordered a few things from BCM over the past two weeks (a 14.5" barrel, gas block and flash suppressor) and I must say I am very surprised but extremely pleased with them and their processing and shipping. Both orders were processed within 24 hours of me ordering and were shipped either that day or the morning of the next. That's some great customer service, especially in times like these. Please feel free to share your experiences with them and other companies to help out people looking for parts or a new rifle

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

My PSA Lower Build Kit has been processing for 10 days. Hopefully it ships sometime this week. All I need to finish my very first build.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

Waiting on Complete upper from RGUNs. Ordered Dec 31. No communication. I've sent emails but get the canned response of at least 2 weeks. Been past that date, no answers to phone calls either. Frustrating as hell because of lack of communication.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

PSA has good quality and good prices, but their service is very slow, and their "quality control" in getting orders shipped correctly the first time is poor. A barreled upper took me a month to receive. They say "up to 15 business days" to process, but it's more like 20-25 business days-- PLUS shipping time. Too long. I also ordered two separate Lower Build Kits from them. One of them (the MOE LBK) was missing the butt stock. ARE YOU KIDDING!!?? The butt stock!!!??? That's like buying a car and getting it without an engine!!! Two weeks later after notifying them (5 days to answer an email, and impossible to get through on the phone), I still don't have my butt stock yet. Totally UNSAT. If/when I finally get my butt stock, that's it for PSA. No more future orders for them. My business goes to responsive, reliable companies, like Brownell's, BCM, Primary Arms, Rainier Arms, and even Cabela's.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #5

I had good luck with PSA when I ordered my LPK from them in late October/early November but then again, that was before all this madness started

Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 76 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastby
PSA has good quality and good prices, but their service is very slow, and their "quality control" in getting orders shipped correctly the first time is poor. A barreled upper took me a month to receive. They say "up to 15 business days" to process, but it's more like 20-25 business days-- PLUS shipping time. Too long. I also ordered two separate Lower Build Kits from them. One of them (the MOE LBK) was missing the butt stock. ARE YOU KIDDING!!?? The butt stock!!!??? That's like buying a car and getting it without an engine!!! Two weeks later after notifying them (5 days to answer an email, and impossible to get through on the phone), I still don't have my butt stock yet. Totally UNSAT. If/when I finally get my butt stock, that's it for PSA. No more future orders for them. My business goes to responsive, reliable companies, like Brownell's, BCM, Primary Arms, Rainier Arms, and even Cabela's.
I had something similar happen. I bought a Magpul BAD lever (not from BCM) recently and when I took it out for install I noticed there was only 3 out of the 4 pieces in the packaging....it was missing the backplate, making it useless. Called Magpul many times but can't get thru...sent them an email with pics but no response in 3 weeks. About 30 bucks down the drain right there. If I decide to get another one ill prob go with the phase 5 EBRv2 instead...it's only one piece and I'm sure they won't forget to put that in the packaging!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:57 AM   #7

Liked 943 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 932

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I've ordered a few things from BCM over the past two weeks (a 14.5" barrel, gas block and flash suppressor) and I must say I am very surprised but extremely pleased with them and their processing and shipping. Both orders were processed within 24 hours of me ordering and were shipped either that day or the morning of the next. That's some great customer service, especially in times like these. Please feel free to share your experiences with them and other companies to help out people looking for parts or a new rifle
I've had five orders from BCM and all were processed quickly and I was pleased with their product. A great place to do business.

Are they still sending DVDs with orders? Well, at least they did with uppers and complete rifles.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

I've had five orders from BCM and all were processed quickly and I was pleased with their product. A great place to do business.

Are they still sending DVDs with orders? Well, at least they did with uppers and complete rifles.
Ill have to double check the box but I don't think I got one. Of course I was also just excited for my barrel so I grabbed that and tossed the box aside

Old 01-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

I relooked when I got home from work and no DVD. But I did get a hat!

Old 01-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

I relooked when I got home from work and no DVD. But I did get a hat!
I got a sticker from BCM with my order of a charging handle.