Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > I must have one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I must have one

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by slowryde45; 08-21-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2010, 02:52 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That is some seriously interesting hardware but I don't know a damn thing about the company Slo.

Have you heard of them before? Do they have any reviewed weapons?

Personally, I would really want to inspect that upper and lower to see what kind of material is going to be used. The .338 Lapua is a hell of a round, but the torque it exerts on the action and the chamber is enormous.

We had a customer, he had "garage built" a .338 Lapua actioned rifle and put it into an AICS ( Accuracy International Chassis System ).

The AICS is a magnum actioned system, and built really well, but this guy had actually broke one of the action screws about two threads into the stock and mared up the stock pretty good while shooting it.

Apparently he just touched off a normal, factory load and "crack". The torque broke the action screw.

Since then, I have a real profound respect for the pressure of such a caliber.

Suffice to say, I am not REAL anxious to get behind the trigger of two aluminum clamshells with 2 aluminum pins holding them together......

In you know what I am saying.

It's a hell of a cool idea. And I would DEFINITELY buy one if it checked out, but I am curious, to say the least....

Old 03-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Have you looked at the new Savage in 338? Any opinions on that?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer