I Know Nothing About LPKs
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > I Know Nothing About LPKs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 397 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default I Know Nothing About LPKs

So I found a lower I want, and they offer a special LPK on with the purchase of the lower. SO I'm trying to figure out if this LPK is worth the money or if I should go for something different. This is going to be a 6.8 if that affects anything.

Thank you in advance

Here's the link to lower and LPK: https://www.ucwrg.com/materiel/lower-receivers/25/forged-lower-receiver-pre-order/

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #2

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
So I found a lower I want, and they offer a special LPK on with the purchase of the lower. SO I'm trying to figure out if this LPK is worth the money or if I should go for something different. This is going to be a 6.8 if that affects anything.

Thank you in advance

Here's the link to lower and LPK: https://www.ucwrg.com/materiel/lower-receivers/25/forged-lower-receiver-pre-order/
The standard lpks are the same for all calibers except for 9mm IIRC, I'm no expert, but it looks good to me.

That lower is awesome BTW.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 08-19-2013, 05:43 AM   #3

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

Well it has upgraded parts like the pistol grip and ALG trigger. If you want those things it may be worth it but you could get an LPK or LBK from PSA or others for less money and upgrade parts later if you want.

Nice lower by the way!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 AM   #4

Thanks guys! They claim these parts are forged, which I guess makes them stronger than the average LPK? The Grip I will change, but I think I'll keep the trigger, and I love that it comes with a good Ambi-selector switch. it's Badass

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 08-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #5

So if i was to keep everything but the grip, would this be a decent deal for the LPK?

Old 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #6

A standard PSA LPK is $60, add the price of a lower and it comes out to $160-$180. So yeah that's not bad, even without the grip.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by sputnik1988; 08-19-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #7

Ahh i think you guys are missing the price here. The LPK ALONE is 135 with the special ambi selector and not totally crap but better than normal trigger. Lower is 175 by itself.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
Ahh i think you guys are missing the price here. The LPK ALONE is 135 with the special ambi selector and not totally crap but better than normal trigger. Lower is 175 by itself.
Ohhhh....

I looked up the trigger, it's just a standard mil spec trigger with a $2 trigger job done on it.

But the Safety selector runs about $60 so it's not a terrible price I don't think.

The lower itself is a little too expensive in my opinion, but it's just freaking cool.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 08-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988

Ohhhh....

I looked up the trigger, it's just a standard mil spec trigger with a $2 trigger job done on it.

But the Safety selector runs about $60 so it's not a terrible price I don't think.

The lower itself is a little too expensive in my opinion, but it's just freaking cool.
I think ill get the lpk then. The lower is perfect for me. I love the resident evil games. Hell, my avatar is the T-virus. The nerd/firearm enthusiast onme can not pass this up.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #10

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Although it seems all LPKs are the same, they really aren't. I've see too many pictures of broken DPMS bolt catches. Also, my friend broke the tabs off his alloy lower, when he was trying to install a triggerguard with an out of spec DPMS roll pin.

I'd highly recommend spending $10 extra bucks and getting at least a PSA (who sources their parts from FN's suppliers), Daniel Defense or G&R.