I just purchased this olympic AR good entry?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > I just purchased this olympic AR good entry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I just purchased this olympic AR good entry?

image-323818033.jpg

^^^

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #2

Liked 4986 Times on 2415 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvega15 View Post
Depends on what you paid?

Old 03-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #3

That is my question also, how much did you pay? Also, what is the intended use of the rifle? HD? SHTF? Plinking? Are you going to take some classes/get training with it?

Old 03-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #4

Liked 238 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 355

Depending on your area. Hope you didn't pay more than 800 after tax.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #5

Haha well replying to the two of you i got it in good OL CALIFORNIA were everything is complicated came out 824 tax.. My intention was to get the smith Wesson MP-15 but they were sold out and when I asked when get more they were like saying oh we don't know.. Not the best customer service for a gun shop but What can you do in Cali can't get an AR Around the corner well I got the gun just to have man... Shoot pigs at my ranch self defense at the house plink just all around gun I pick it up next Friday so I'll see how it does.. I'll keep you guys posted man thanks for no negativity and sorry about spelling if it's jacked up im doing it from my cell..

Old 03-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #6

My condolences to living in cali. That price doesnt sound too far out of line for where you are. Hope your purchase turns out fine.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #7

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Let us know how she runs and how well she holds up . Runs some brass and steel thru it and make sure it will shoot everything . Have fun with it !!!

Old 03-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I know hoe it feels to want something NOW but settle for something else because what you want is out of stock.

$824 is a very high price to pay for an Oly. You don't have to make due because you live in a communist state. The internet is full of high end manufacturers chomping at the bit to sell you a upper or complete rifle. Ordering an upper from a quality place like BCM or similar, then picking up a Cali legal lower from your local FFL would net a very nice AR for around $100 more. The difference in quality being much larger than difference in price.

I don't say this to be harsh but for the next time, there will be a next time

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Im gonna defend the shop a little even though im on the other side of the country. The shop i go to had a M&P 15-22 i was gonna get. I went up and they already sold it. No big deal just order me one. The guy called and when he got off the phone he said "Its up to you if you wanna order it somewhere else and have it shipped here or have me order it for you, but i was just given atleast 6 months before i can get another one." It seens with the elections all AR and AK style rifles are selling quickly.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #10

Sounds like he just wanted to dump the Oly on you. It's not a terrible choice, but there are better out there. My suggestion, since you have your serial number lower now, start looking to upgrade to the configuration you REALLY want. There are a lot of sellers out there looking to pay their bills, so deals are to be had. Just try to make sure you get cali compliant parts.