I did it too.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > I did it too.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I did it too.

Just ordered my Colt 6940 today. Found a great deal at grabagun.com. I'll tell you what, these guys had absolutely awesome service! Their customer support emailed me back at 1 in the morning and carried a conversion to help me out! Also, they had THE BEST prices online that I was able to find anywhere. Great guys!

When the rifle gets in (Thursday or Friday most likely), I'll post some pics. Now I just have to save up a little more for the Eotech exps 3-4 and magnifier, then I am all set!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #3

Liked 1019 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Excellent, excellent choice!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

You are going to love that Colt.

I've had mine for near on two years and not one issue!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Great choice in a rifle.

As a user of both EoTech and Aimpoint, might I suggest you look into a H1. I started out w/ a XPS and am now on my 2nd H1 and I don't have any plans of purchasing another micro besides a H1 from here on out.

BotachTactical.com has them on sale for under $400. With ADM mount you're looking at $480 free shipping.