I am considering purchasing an Olympic AR. Good or still sub-par? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

I am considering purchasing an Olympic AR. Good or still sub-par?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 01:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have a Olympic AR and I have put alot of lead down range with it and I have no complants with it I am a old Black powder shooter and wanted something in the house in case the SHTF and as far as I have founds parts are accessable and you can mix and match with most other makes except Bushmaster and Ruger I have six or seven 30 round mags for it and they are mixed brands and two are ex military from a Army surplus store and they feed great ....... I buy my rounds in bulk 500 at a time so I have a few extra on hand ......

Old 06-22-2010, 11:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Okay, how is this?

I am a Mod here. This is my only forum. The people here know me and they know I am good to my word. I would ask any member reading this to comment on that fact.

I live, work and also play in a gunshop in Washington State. Olympic Arms is about an hour down the road.

Buy the Olympic for the price you want.

Shoot it. Run some ammo through it that isn't Soviet or Chinese or Wolf steel case. I am talking decent AR stuff that isn't out of the bargain bin.

If you don't like the performance, send it to me and I will give you the first $100 of labor to "fix" whatever is necessary to get it to perform in a SHTF situation. Shop time is $75/hour, but I will give you (2) hours of my time for this deal.

I am not going to guarantee accuracy, I am not going to get you shooting 1/4 MOA groups out of your 16" barrel, but I will see to it that you can hit center mass of a man sized target in SHTF sitations (0-200 yards)

IF

The weapon doesn't perform as advertised.

How's that for putting my money where Olympic's mouth is? Because, like Ron, I am tired of seeing these BS posts about Olympic is shi'ite and they never made a good AR.

I'm JD, and I stand behind this statement. It is good until the end of January 2010 for this poster, benjandpurge
I finally got my rifle and attached the MI quad rail and am still waiting for the MOE stock. Shot it today and it runs great. It was more fun than I anticipated! Gotta get some glass now.
photo.jpg  

Old 06-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congrats on your new AR. I am quite sure if you treat it right it will treat you right.

I personally do not own an Oly AR, but a good friend and shooting buddy has two 20" Bull Barrel K8 TargetMatch Oly's. To my knowledge he has never had a single hiccup with either one and they are as accurate as any .223 can be and better than a lot.

Have fun with your new AR.

Larry

Old 06-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #14

Thank you, I am going back today to shoot some more, I can see how buying ammo all the time is gonna get under my wife's skin!

Old 06-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3498 Times on 1613 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Most Excellent! I assume that the fit was tight and true and that you didn't experience any problems like the myths that you had read previously??

Glad you like the stick. She looks good, but definitely needs some glass on there, and perhaps some more mags and ammo.

JD

Old 06-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #16

Thanks JD, I work offshore in the gulf, so I may have a little time on my hands now. I got through a fortunate deal, 6 army surplus mags bringing my total to 8, just gotta fill them up with ammo! About the fit and finish, I can't imagine another brand fitting tighter, the takedown pins are very tight and the receivers couldn't fit together any better. It took a little redneck gunsmithing to get the old barrel nut off and we dremeled off the delta ring, but this picture honestly doesn't do this rifle any justice. It is a beautiful piece of American hardware. And I enjoy shooting her, and she hit everything i aimed at and never (yet) FTE or FTF. I guess that settles the argument, at least it does in my mind. Thank all of ya'll for the help and advice.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #17

Really great news Benj! I am glad that we have another fine quality AR in the hands of another owner.

Keep us informed as you break it in and run it through the paces.

JD

Old 06-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #18

will do!

ben

Old 06-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #19

Put a cheap scope temporarily for a day at the range, it shot pretty damn good considering! And I like the MOE stock alot.
.jpg  

Old 06-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #20

Looks like a very nice SHTF rifle you have there sir. How was function? Any problems to speak of?

I love that stock. I recently acquired a similar one myself and have to say it is definitely my favorite of all the ones I have tried thus far.

JD