Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Huldra (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/huldra-53689/)

blucoondawg 12-16-2011 01:18 PM

Huldra
 
Anyone have an opinion on Huldra brand ar15? The Mills Fleet Farm chain has recently started carrying them in my area buy I haven't heard of anyone locally buying one yet.

Quentin 12-16-2011 04:12 PM

Well, with all the known to be good AR brands out there I wouldn't be first in line to buy that thing! :D

As usual the devil's in the details.

AgentTikki 12-16-2011 04:30 PM

can't say that I have.......

AgentTikki 12-16-2011 04:40 PM

Mills Fleet Farm*


They look interesting. Judging by the look of the gas block, maybe based off Adams Arms piston kits. JP triggers, melonited barrels. Good looking specs. But at that price point, I honestly would get someone's that's been in the game for a bit. You don't know if they are fly by night, don't know if they even have a customer service department, and no history on how they'd treat you if you had any issues. I'd honestly spend my money elsewhere, at those prices there's soooooooo much you'd have access to.

jwsturr 12-16-2011 05:08 PM

"In Norwegian folklore, the sometimes naked, mythically mysterious and tricky Huldra is a stunningly beautiful woman with long hair and a cow’s tail that lives in the forest realm of the trolls."

Sounds alluring, just crop the tail.

mjkeat 12-16-2011 09:04 PM

There's a huge article on another site where the owner or owners son was put on trial by fire. It would probably give you all the info you need and then some if you're willing to read the entire thing.

AgentTikki 12-16-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwsturr (Post 653627)
"In Norwegian folklore, the sometimes naked, mythically mysterious and tricky Huldra is a stunningly beautiful woman with long hair and a cow’s tail that lives in the forest realm of the trolls."

Sounds alluring, just crop the tail.

I kinda like the tail.....yeeeeehawwwww

Gatoragn 12-17-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 653466)
Anyone have an opinion on Huldra brand ar15? The Mills Fleet Farm chain has recently started carrying them in my area buy I haven't heard of anyone locally buying one yet.

They are made by Adams Arms.

I bought one of the mid-length uppers. It has worked ok for me, handles Wolf steel case very well.

blucoondawg 04-03-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn (Post 653946)
They are made by Adams Arms.

I bought one of the mid-length uppers. It has worked ok for me, handles Wolf steel case very well.

Gatoragn, do you know if Huldra or Adams Arms HP/MP tests their uppers, it doesn't say on the websites that I can find

Gatoragn 04-03-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucoondawg (Post 760067)
Gatoragn, do you know if Huldra or Adams Arms HP/MP tests their uppers, it doesn't say on the websites that I can find

I cannot say for certain about the testing.

I bought my Huldra upper at Mills Fleet Farm. One of the members of the Mills family is a serious 3 gun competitor and uses a Huldra. If the Huldra was not dependable, I am sure the Mills family has enough money to buy any AR15 on the market. The Huldra upper is competively priced and you can walk into a Fleet Farm store and walk out with one. I have no regrets about having a Huldra piston upper in my safe.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:08 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.