Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   How's My AR List? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/hows-my-ar-list-50958/)

Redarrow18 11-01-2011 01:30 AM

How's My AR List?

So for my AR I'm going to list, this is the complete list so far, what do you guys think? Did I screw anything up? This is not including any kind of optic, I'll probably add a red dot or something after it's assembled and I've shot it a few times.
Ver. 2.0

Lower Receiver

Blemished BCM Lower Receiver w/Geissele SSA-E Trigger - $439.00
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM

Falcon ERGO Pistol Grip - $29.99
ERGO Tactical Deluxe Sure Grip Pistol Grip AR-15 Ovemolded Rubber

Vltor Stock Combo - $159.99
AR-15/M16 IMPROVED MODSTOCK COMBO KIT - Brownells

Note: I'm going to order the Trigger with the lower at G&R Tactical
Total: $628.98

Upper Receiver and Barrel

Vltor MUR Upper - $229.95
AR-15/M16 MODULAR UPPER RECEIVER - Brownells

Fail Zero Bolt Carrier w/hammer - $229.95
AR-15 BOLT/CARRIER GROUP - Brownells

Vltor BCM Charging Handle - $44.95
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Medium Charging Handle Assembly AR-15 Aluminum Black

Rock River Arms 16” 5.56 Barrel - $245.00
Rock River Arms: 7 / 10.5 / 14.5 / 16 / 20 Inch Chrome Moly Barrels

Daniel Defense 9” Free float Rail - $327.00
AR-15/M16 LITE RAIL HANDGUARD - Brownells

Troy Low Profile Gas Block – $49.99
AR-15/M16 LOW-PROFILE GAS BLOCK - Brownells

Yankee Hill Machine Sights - $179.99
Machine QDS Quick Deploy Flip up Front Rear Sight Set Hooded AR-15 Flattop Aluminum Matte

M&A Parts Mid Length Gas Tube - $14.00
Gas tube, mid-length carbine BL04B M&A Parts, Inc.

Smith Enterprise Vortex Suppressor - $51.00
5.56mm Vortex® Flash*Suppressor / Eliminators : Smith Enterprise, Inc.

Total: $1371.83

Others

DPMS Take Down Pin - $2.99
AR-15 Takedown Pin Punch Delrin

DPMS Multi Tool - $33.49
Multi-Tool AR-15 Steel

CrossTac Armors Action Block - $49.99
Armorer's Action Block Hammer Block AR-15

10 Pack Magpul PMAG - $139.99
AR-15/M16 PMAG POLYMER MAGAZINE - Brownells

Total:$226.46

Complete AR-15: $2227.27

JonM 11-01-2011 01:39 AM

you sure arent going the cheap route!!

my two primer worth:

personally not a magpul fan when it comes to their pmags. my preference is for milsurp aluminum mags very light and are pretty much 100% reliable.

make sure your front gas block is the same height as the rear rail where you are mounting the rear sight. its a common mistake to get the wrong buis sight heights.

Gatoragn 11-01-2011 01:44 AM

That is some serious cash.

Are you planning to buy a fully assembled lower, then immediately replace the stocK?

I think you could start with a stripped BCM (or other brand of your choice)lower and add your parts for less cash.

Have you looked at the options available at Palmetto State Armory?

The parts you list are of sufficient quality, there just may ways to get there and have some money for extra ammo.

FCross7 11-01-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 616380)
make sure your front gas block is the same height as the rear rail where you are mounting the rear sight. its a common mistake to get the wrong buis sight heights.

It looks like the front sight will have to go on the hand guard, so he should be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn (Post 616386)
That is some serious cash.

Are you planning to buy a fully assembled lower, then immediately replace the stocK?

I think you could start with a stripped BCM (or other brand of your choice)lower and add your parts for less cash.

Have you looked at the options available at Palmetto State Armory?

The parts you list are of sufficient quality, there just may ways to get there and have some money for extra ammo.

I agree with Gator, since you're replacing both the stock and trigger right off the bat, I would go with a stripped lower, and I would get a blemished one if possible. If you take a look at G&R Tactical, they have them in stock and it will save you $71 dollars.

EDIT: Personally, I would go with a different upper receiver. While the MUR is nice, you could save yourself a ton of money by going with a different stripped upper.

-Fred

Redarrow18 11-01-2011 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCross7 (Post 616438)
It looks like the front sight will have to go on the hand guard, so he should be fine.

Yeah this is what I was gonna do, it should work right with the free floating hand guard right?

Yeah I know it's a lot, I don't know if any of you read my other thread but I wanted a really high dollar AR:D

so things I should look at:
Stripped BCM Reciever
Milsurp Mags
A different Upper

FCross7 11-01-2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redarrow18 (Post 616456)
Yeah this is what I was gonna do, it should work right with the free floating hand guard right?

Yeah, the only time they get messed up is when you mount the front sight on a railed gas block. They usually will sit lower than the rail on the upper receiver.

The way you're doing it will work out just fine.

-Fred

Redarrow18 11-01-2011 04:57 PM

So with the stripped BCM lower reciever at G&R, I see that you can order it with options like the Geissele trigger. So if I get the Blemished reciever, the bullet button installed, and the trigger, what else would I need to complete the receiver? I don't think I need an entire lower parts kit do I?

(the Vltor stock I'm getting comes with the buffer tube and springs and that whole set up so I don't need any of that)

BCM Lower at G&R Tactical

FCross7 11-02-2011 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redarrow18 (Post 616880)
So with the stripped BCM lower reciever at G&R, I see that you can order it with options like the Geissele trigger. So if I get the Blemished reciever, the bullet button installed, and the trigger, what else would I need to complete the receiver? I don't think I need an entire lower parts kit do I?

(the Vltor stock I'm getting comes with the buffer tube and springs and that whole set up so I don't need any of that)

That's not a stripped lower, but that's fine because ordering it from there still prevents you from buying stuff you're just gonna replace (stock and trigger). Just order it with no stock, and the Geissele trigger. It will still have the buffer tube and all that installed, so all you will need to order is just the Vltor stock by itself, you won't need the whole kit.

As far as the bullet button, why are you getting it? As far as I know, those are only required in Komifornia, and they require you to use a bullet or other pointy object to remove the magazine, so if you don't have to have it don't get it.

-Fred

Redarrow18 11-02-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCross7 (Post 617293)
That's not a stripped lower, but that's fine because ordering it from there still prevents you from buying stuff you're just gonna replace (stock and trigger). Just order it with no stock, and the Geissele trigger. It will still have the buffer tube and all that installed, so all you will need to order is just the Vltor stock by itself, you won't need the whole kit.

As far as the bullet button, why are you getting it? As far as I know, those are only required in Komifornia, and they require you to use a bullet or other pointy object to remove the magazine, so if you don't have to have it don't get it.

-Fred

Oh i that was just like the Mag release or something :confused: So what I have will be alright? I shouldnt be missing any parts?

FCross7 11-02-2011 01:39 PM

You'll be fine. That lower already has all the parts installed. The only thing you'll have to order other than the lower is the Stock you want.

-Fred