Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > How are things

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 944 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Thanks for your service!

Honestly, I would just wait for prices to normalize a bit more. Just wait till you come back, its still what like 6 months away.

Prices have been dropping but they are still a couple hundred over pre Sandy Hook.

New Models are coming out all the time, just take your time and look around, maybe buy it when you come back or just a couple weeks before you're back so you can have a bright shiny and new baby waiting for you by your bedside.
+1 Unless another mass shooting like Sandy Hook, prices and availability should be better in Nov.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman77
Can't find ammo but local shops are starting to have a little more in stock as far as guns. Did she at least get a decent price? That's a nice rifle.
That's the worst part I don't know what she sold all my guns for I haven't seen a dime and my bank accnt is wiped but he is cut off now

Old 05-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #13

Liked 858 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 522

Quote:
Ammo and guns have both been coming back slowly but surely in my area. I have a LGS who has plentiful ar's at very fair prices. Almost pre sandy hook prices. Things seem to be getting better slowly.
Same here. I feel confident I could get most of what I might want. As far as guns go. Ammo is still very questionable. Either fleeting at best at Walmart, or pricier at the LGS.