How are things
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > How are things

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How are things

Hey guys I'm in Afghanistan until November. Are the prices and stock getting any better. Long story short my soon to be x wife sold my larue so I'm going to be in the market for a new rifle when I get back

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #2

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Thinks are starting to turn around a little bit. Just be patient when you get back, and shop the brick and mortar stores.

Used to be, you'd buy from a private seller and save a little money. Now, it's your local Mom and Pop stores offering the better prices in most cases. Private Sellers still think their **** is made of gold, with $1500 carbon 15's everywhere and 200 bricks of .22 ammo. Find a store that still has reasonable prices, and make friends with the manager.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

She what?! That is certainly cause to divorce her. Things are getting better, slowly. Locally, GT Distributors just filled a large order of Colt rifles. Order placed in February.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 05-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Nothing disgusts me more than a woman that turns her back on a soldier while he is overseas.

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 05-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6026 Times on 3157 Posts
Likes Given: 432

You gave your wife access to your personal gunsafe????!!!!!!???? are you crazed??????

i wouldnt buy anything else especially pricey firearms other than basic living items until you can offload her.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #6

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts

Can't find ammo but local shops are starting to have a little more in stock as far as guns. Did she at least get a decent price? That's a nice rifle.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #7

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

I always put my receipts in the safe also so that the missus cant check how much I paid for them. If she only knew that quality Scopes cost more than £30 :-D

Old 05-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #8

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter View Post
I always put my receipts in the safe also so that the missus cant check how much I paid for them. If she only knew that quality Scopes cost more than £30 :-D
Nice move, I'm gonna add this to my playbook.
towboater Likes This 
Old 05-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #9

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckclimber380 View Post
Hey guys I'm in Afghanistan until November. Are the prices and stock getting any better. Long story short my soon to be x wife sold my larue so I'm going to be in the market for a new rifle when I get back
Thanks for your service!

Honestly, I would just wait for prices to normalize a bit more. Just wait till you come back, its still what like 6 months away.

Prices have been dropping but they are still a couple hundred over pre Sandy Hook.

New Models are coming out all the time, just take your time and look around, maybe buy it when you come back or just a couple weeks before you're back so you can have a bright shiny and new baby waiting for you by your bedside.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #10

Ammo and guns have both been coming back slowly but surely in my area. I have a LGS who has plentiful ar's at very fair prices. Almost pre sandy hook prices. Things seem to be getting better slowly.