Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   How are things (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/how-things-90069/)

rckclimber380 05-04-2013 07:40 AM

How are things

Hey guys I'm in Afghanistan until November. Are the prices and stock getting any better. Long story short my soon to be x wife sold my larue so I'm going to be in the market for a new rifle when I get back

trip286 05-04-2013 11:20 AM

Thinks are starting to turn around a little bit. Just be patient when you get back, and shop the brick and mortar stores.

Used to be, you'd buy from a private seller and save a little money. Now, it's your local Mom and Pop stores offering the better prices in most cases. Private Sellers still think their **** is made of gold, with $1500 carbon 15's everywhere and 200 bricks of .22 ammo. Find a store that still has reasonable prices, and make friends with the manager.

robocop10mm 05-04-2013 01:01 PM

She what?! That is certainly cause to divorce her. Things are getting better, slowly. Locally, GT Distributors just filled a large order of Colt rifles. Order placed in February.

mountainman13 05-04-2013 01:05 PM

Nothing disgusts me more than a woman that turns her back on a soldier while he is overseas.

JonM 05-04-2013 01:14 PM

You gave your wife access to your personal gunsafe????!!!!!!???? are you crazed??????

i wouldnt buy anything else especially pricey firearms other than basic living items until you can offload her.

rifleman77 05-04-2013 01:18 PM

Can't find ammo but local shops are starting to have a little more in stock as far as guns. Did she at least get a decent price? That's a nice rifle.

lfcshooter 05-04-2013 01:22 PM

I always put my receipts in the safe also so that the missus cant check how much I paid for them. If she only knew that quality Scopes cost more than 30 :-D

AgentTikki 05-04-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfcshooter (Post 1236293)
I always put my receipts in the safe also so that the missus cant check how much I paid for them. If she only knew that quality Scopes cost more than 30 :-D

Nice move, I'm gonna add this to my playbook. :D

AgentTikki 05-04-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rckclimber380 (Post 1236162)
Hey guys I'm in Afghanistan until November. Are the prices and stock getting any better. Long story short my soon to be x wife sold my larue so I'm going to be in the market for a new rifle when I get back

Thanks for your service!

Honestly, I would just wait for prices to normalize a bit more. Just wait till you come back, its still what like 6 months away.

Prices have been dropping but they are still a couple hundred over pre Sandy Hook.

New Models are coming out all the time, just take your time and look around, maybe buy it when you come back or just a couple weeks before you're back so you can have a bright shiny and new baby waiting for you by your bedside.

lwhite 05-04-2013 06:26 PM

Ammo and guns have both been coming back slowly but surely in my area. I have a LGS who has plentiful ar's at very fair prices. Almost pre sandy hook prices. Things seem to be getting better slowly.