How to remove this k3b permanent flash hider????
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > How to remove this k3b permanent flash hider????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 01:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How to remove this k3b permanent flash hider????

hi from ITALY guys

i bought today this used olympic K3b, made and assembled in may 2006.
it have this permanent flash hider mounted.. and i want to remove it cause i want to change the front sight and mount a new GG&G gas port.

any idea on how to remove this flash hider??

ciao
andy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2010, 02:26 AM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

a chop saw comes to mind. If it is permanently mounted whether it be blind pinned and/or welded, it's permanent and the only thing you can do is cut it off. Judging by the looks of the barrel if you cut it off the barrel will be shorter than 16." I don't know what your laws are, but in the states you can not at any point in time own a rifle barrel that is less than 16" otherwise it becomes an NFA issue...big no no. The only way to cut a barrel down to less than 16" is through a Class III gun smith and I believe a NFA stamp.

Just something you might want to look into.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by DarinCraft; 01-24-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:32 AM   #3

oh....
is it an easy thing to do?

Old 01-24-2010, 02:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_ita View Post
oh....
is it an easy thing to do?
Not really...but it depends on your expertise. Additionally, shortening the barrel that drastically might mess with the gas system and cause the rifle to function improperly or not at all.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-24-2010, 02:44 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

Probably silver soldered. A propane torch to heat the solder should soften it enough to unscrew it. I do not recall if Oly used blind pins on these.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-24-2010, 02:49 AM   #6

guys
just a think...
i compared the flash hider mounted with a vortex i have here...
the area where the barrel is threaded is the area marked in blue ( i measued it the internal with a caliper)
so,
compared with the mouned flash hider...
if there is a pin welded...it could be only in the red area...
or not?

Old 01-24-2010, 02:52 AM   #7

sorry...
what silver soldered mean?
how this thing work?
is a kind of loctite glue?

Old 01-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_ita View Post
sorry...
what silver soldered mean?
how this thing work?
is a kind of loctite glue?
Robocop is completely right, I forgot about Silver soldier. It's a high temp soldier.

Sorry about that
Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-24-2010, 03:03 AM   #9

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Just something to think about but there is no barrel under that extension and you may wind up with a sub 16" barrel, also doubt there are threads for mounting a traditional flash suppressor. Don't know if that's an issue in Italy or not but that muzzle extension is there for a reason other than looks cause it's damned ugly!!!

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #10

here is the sight the barrel have at 2 o'clock

it may be the pin?

well...
if i look into the flash hider with a surfire, see the barrel , that end where the 2 rings on the flash hider ended
and then there is in another internal ring