Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   How long did it take to get your AR? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/how-long-did-take-get-your-ar-11815/)

Bighead 03-13-2009 08:09 AM

How long did it take to get your AR?

For those that have purchased an AR15 rifle recently, how long did it take for your rifle to come in? What about if you ordered an upper/lower? If you're still waiting, how long has it been and how much longer are you expecting to wait.

Obviously if you found a gun on the shelf at the dealer, you didn't have to wait, but for those who have ordered guns, how bad has it gotten.

FightinTexasAggie 03-13-2009 08:57 AM

I ordered my first round of parts on February 12, and have not gotten them yet. Since then, I have gotten everything ordered so far, except what I just ordered this week. They say 3-4 months, but hopefully I will have everything before June. If not, it will just be that much more satisfying when I get them. Ive ordered several parts from CMMG and Brownells, and gotten all of those within a week. Ordered a complete bolt carrier assembly from Bushmaster a few days ago, which Im sure will take a while. Im getting ready to order the rest of the parts I need from Yankee Hill, and Im sure those will take a while also. I was really surprised at how fast I got the stripped upper and lower from CMMG. I thought those would take the longest, but had them in less than a week.

Cnynrat 03-13-2009 12:28 PM

An interesting question ...

I picked up a CMMG lower at a local gun show back in mid-Jan. Since then I've been spending a fair amount of time on the Internet checking on availability of parts. Last night I ordered the last missing piece (a Troy BUIS), and I expect in a week or so I'll have all the parts in hand to build my first AR. That one will be a 16" mid-length.

We're pickling up another lower to build a second gun next week. We got that one through a great group buy opportunity on Calguns.net. That one is a Kaiser Defense lower - I love the irony of a lower manufactured in Kalifornia under the name of the Kaiser Steelworks of WWII fame. I've already picked up a few other parts for that one, but I still have a long way to go. Thinking about making the second one an 18" or 20" rifle.

Seems like many parts are less available now than they were a couple months ago. LPKs are back to being unobtanium, or if you can find them carry outrageously high prices. BCGs also seem to be in short supply and carry a pretty hefty price premium. I think prices have spiked up a little since the recent comments by Holder about reinstating the AWB.

Vertiviper 03-27-2009 07:12 PM

Ordered my lowers, they came in a bout a month or so after ordered (late Nov)

Ordered my kit the 1st week of January, it's been 11 weeks and I will supposedly get it in around 3-5 weeks. It's tempting to go to my shop and see one come in, but it'll make more sense just to build it myself, and with the money saved i can buy some nice optics..which I'm sure will be impossible to get...hmm

Bighead 03-30-2009 11:13 AM

Had a co-worker who is a dealer price a Rock River for me last week. He said they won't quote delivery times, but that if I ordered one I could expect to wait about 5 months.

TXnorton 03-30-2009 11:39 AM

RRA Delivery

I ordered my RRA in early August 2008 and finally received it in early February, that was a six month delivery time. Frustrating wait, but well worth it.

TXnorton

RL357Mag 03-30-2009 01:23 PM

I ordered an RRA in Dec.08 and received it in Feb.09. I ordered a DPMS in Feb.09 and received it two weeks later. I ordered another DPMS on Nov.28th of this year and am still waiting! I ordered reloading supplies a month ago and am still waiting. Hopefully getting an order in BEFORE the AWB will grandfather your purchase...

supergus 04-02-2009 07:20 PM

I ordered a DPMS Bull Twenty back in Oct 'o8 and still have yet to see it. Dpms is averaging a 12 month wait. Got a flyer a couple of weeks ago from Gander Mtn and they had Bushmaster Predators in stock. Got the flyer on Wed. went up on Fri. evening and got the last one. BTW if anyone is looking in the Durham area of NC, Dick's Sporting Goods has 1 Remington R15 in camo for about 1k.

DonnyKC 04-02-2009 10:19 PM

check your small mom and pop shops. they seem to have a couple in stock at all times here in kc.