How do I build a Belt Fed Upper Receiver NON 5.56 - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > How do I build a Belt Fed Upper Receiver NON 5.56

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 358 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1
U know what I'm gonna submit a patent for first thing tomorrow?

Belt fed shoulder fired .950 JDJ

Now....

Who wouldn't want to buy one of those?

This guy is a joke... I wish u the best of luck with big bob and his special "meat" sandwiches while ur in jail....

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.
I'll make one some where in between.....it'll be either .338 win or .338 lapua. I'll base it on cost of ammunition since that's the one thing noones touched on at all.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #82
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I deleted some post to get this thread back on topic.

If you don't wish to participate in this discussion please don't.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:00 AM   #83

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

BTDF my last post in this is what makes you think you can build a belt fed semi auto ar platform 50 bmg when you have never shot one and dont have the skills/knowledge to build it little loan the qualifications to do so. Who told you it could be done? Or did you get this idea off call of duty mw3?

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 04-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
BTDF my last post in this is what makes you think you can build a belt fed semi auto ar platform 50 bmg when you have never shot one and dont have the skills/knowledge to build it little loan the qualifications to do so. Who told you it could be done? Or did you get this idea off call of duty mw3?

well i got the idea from the Tactilite T2, i figured hey why not make it semi, and make it a belt fed.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Buildthefence, i think you are way over your head and are headed for some really bad karma if you continue. first of all are you a certified gunsmith? what about an degree in engineering? do you have an FFL that will allow you to manufacture firearms? how much money do you have to invest in this endeavor? do you have some investors lined up?

the lightest sholder fired 50BMG rifle is running around 28 lbs, and some approach close to 40 lbs. have you even looked at the ballistics and muzzle energy of a 50BMG round? you say that it will be lightweight, okay, sounds good, up until you figure that for something able to handle the amount of pressure that is expelled when a 50BMG fires, in an AR platform is going to have to be massive, it's a massive round! lightweight and 50BMG just don't belong in the same weapon, as i just don't see how anything that can handle firing one, repeatedly is ever going to be light enough to be held at shoulder level and fired.
Well a upper receiver is not a firearm, so i dont need a FFL 7 or 10.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildthedamnfence

well i got the idea from the Tactilite T2, i figured hey why not make it semi, and make it a belt fed.
That rifle would not work belt fed. Do your homework mon ami. Your idea is a fail because you dont have the skills or materials to build it. The barrel companies wont sell it to anyone who doesnt have these certain little things i mentioned earlier-certifications. 50 bmg is very heavily monitored on builds

Old 04-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #87

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

The only way this would work in 50 cal would be the 50 Beowulf.... Just cuz it already can be fired from an m-16 platform...

Pretty sure Alexander arms owns all rights to that cartridge and the gun so good luck fighting them...

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1
The only way this would work in 50 cal would be the 50 Beowulf.... Just cuz it already can be fired from an m-16 platform...

Pretty sure Alexander arms owns all rights to that cartridge and the gun so good luck fighting them...

Agreed. I havent even seen a t2 before....had to google it in fact. If you can ever get it built BTDF sell it to springfield arms so i can play w a tester and let everyone on here know if you truelly are the hard headed troll we all think you are

Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #89
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22085 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildthedamnfence View Post
Well a upper receiver is not a firearm, so i dont need a FFL 7 or 10.
well when you start buying parts, building firearms and and selling them, BATF will require that you have an FFL. you're right, an upper isn't numbered, and isn't considered a firearm, but a lower is numbered and an upper without the lower is pretty much useless. you had better cover your bases and get an FFL, or a good lawyer, because the BATF doesn't have much leeway when it comes to good intentions and trying to build firearms. they won't hesitate for one second to arrest you and charge you with building unlicensed weapons. the BATF, they have no sense of humor.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #90

Liked 249 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 382

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well when you start buying parts, building firearms and and selling them, BATF will require that you have an FFL. you're right, an upper isn't numbered, and isn't considered a firearm, but a lower is numbered and an upper without the lower is pretty much useless. you had better cover your bases and get an FFL, or a good lawyer, because the BATF doesn't have much leeway when it comes to good intentions and trying to build firearms. they won't hesitate for one second to arrest you and charge you with building unlicensed weapons. the BATF, they have no sense of humor.
Yeah, and you don't want to even become a blip on BATFEC's radar. Nothing good ever becomes of that.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin